CHAPTER ELEVEN: Valleri

Jenny's POV

I have no idea what I'm going to do. I obviously have some mending to do with Peter. I'd never heard him talk like that before. I just decided to clear my head.

I walked outside but I realized I didn't know where to go or how to get back so I just walked to the left of the hotel.

I came to a field that was full of flowers and I decided to sit there. I started to cry. I felt a tap on my arm. I looked up. It was a little girl.

"Why are you sad? You're too pretty to be sad," the little girl said. I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I made a couple of mistakes that are really hard to fix," I said. "Where are your parents?"

"My mommy left," she said.

"Left? To where sweetheart?" I asked, holding out my hand. She took it and sat down next to me.

"Home," the little girl said.

"And she left you here? All alone? What's your name?" I asked, genuinely concerned about this little girl.

"Valleri," she answered. She was playing with a doll she had.

"Why'd your mom leave you here?" I asked.

"Because she said I was worthless," Valleri said so casually. I don't think she actually knows what happened.

"Here. Come with me," I said, standing up.

Oh shoot! Where am I gonna go now that Peter was mad at me? I thought.

I guess I'll just have to go back to the room and explain this to the boys. Valleri and I walked back into the hotel and to our room. I knocked on the door and Mike answered.

"Oh! Jenny! Thank god you're okay! I was so worried!" he said, kissing me.

"Uh, Mike...." I said, pointing to the little girl.

"And who are you, sunshine?" Mike asked, squatting down and smiling at Valleri.

"My name's Valleri," she said, giggling.

"Well, Valleri, you are a very pretty young lady but what are you doing here?" Mike asked more to me than Valleri.

"Her mother left her here and told her she was worthless. I didn't know what else to do," I said, searching Mike's eyes for some sort of emotion.

"Oh. Hey sunshine, you wanna see something cool?" Mike asked. Valleri nodded. Mike took her by the hand to where he kept his guitar.

Was this supposed to be a sign? I thought. That I should choose Mike because this is how he'll be with our children?