CHAPTER TWENTY: What Happened To Jenny?

Peter's POV

I placed my lips in Jenny's and they were so unfamiliar on my mouth, I lingered for a moment, trying to make sense of them again. Then I kissed her like I used to, passionately. The kind of kiss that used to take her breath away. I don't stop until I feel her hands on my chest, pushing me away.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worry creeping into my tone.

"Uh... Nothing," she said, giving me the falsest smile I've ever seen.

"That was so fake," I said, looking at her.

"I know," she sighed. "I just need time to think. I'm sorry." She ran away from me again and towards the hotel.

I sighed. "I keep scaring her off!" I slammed my palm against my forehead. "WHY!?" I screamed, looking up at the sky. I sunk to my knees and cried about Jenny for the first time since we were at the pad.

I stood up an dusted myself off. I kicked the dirt as I walked back towards the hotel. I plopped down on a bench right outside the door to think. I felt a tug on my shirt sleeve. It was Valleri.

"What are you doing out here, sunshine?" I asked, trying my hardest to smile at her.

"Micky brought me here," she said, gesturing to the door. Micky stood in the small lobby peering out at us.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause you looked sad," she said, taking my hand.

"I'm okay baby. I'm fine. Me and your mommy are just having a rough time right now," I said, kissing her forehead.

"Oh. Why don't you talk to her about it?" Valleri asked.

"That's actually a great idea!" I grinned, picking up Valleri and running into the lobby. I quickly have her to Micky and ran toward our room. I threw the door open and ran inside.

"Jenny?" I said, searching the room frantically.

"In here," she called from the bathroom. I walked to the door. I gasped.

"What happened?" I asked.

Cliffhangers are fun, aren't they? XD