Chapter 10 - Gym, Sex, Ambulance

Start from the beginning

“How long were you in?”

“Just a few months since Im a minor, It was defense and he used to hit mum and on top of all that Austin’s dad pulled a few strings, the dick didn’t get a life sentence though just around 15 years hope he just dies in there, he should have gotten life for what he did,” I said darkly

“What did he do Ace?”

“Well that’s none of your damn business maybe if you would have been there like you should have been none of it would have happened,” I shouted and James looked away making me feel guilty for a second…just a second though.

“I know Ace and Im so sorry, I’ve tried making it up to you,” he said sadly and I looked away

“Whatever your to late now anyways your found your family with the drug lords,” he shook his head and sighed sadly.

“I’m so sorry son, I—”

“Don’t call me that,” I snapped

“That’s who you are though, I wish I could have done better by you and your sister and—”

“Yea you should have, but your to late now, so just drop it,” I sighed and he gripped the steering wheel harder, obviously he didn’t like taking orders from his son. I shrugged and continued

“How’s he doing?” he mumbled

“What father?” I said rolling my eyes

How is Austin?” Shit I forgot about him. I reached out to make sure he was still breathing and luckily he was

“His breathing is like really slow, how much longer?”

“For him or until we get there?”

“Both,” I stated quickly

“He has a few hours and we’ll be there in a few minutes so he’s gonna be fine son,”

“Good,”

“what no thank you?”

“How rude of me thank you for leaving, you made our lives a living hell,” I harshly said and he flinched.

“I’m sor—”

“Don’t say sorry for shit but I might be able to tolerate you better if you help him,”

“You want to see how fast I just dump you both on the side of the road. Don’t fucking test me Ace I’ve tried with you all damn day,”

“It’s not like leaving me will be something new so go ahead and do it,” I said back and he shut his eyes tightly holding the wheel but continued driving at least this time in silence.

Present Time

-Ace’s P.O.V.-

“Ace Im going to the gym,” Austin called out to me from the living room.

“No your not sit your ass back down,” I groaned calling back

“But Im fine it’s already been a week,” he argued coming into the room with his bag slung over his shoulder. I shook my head knowing he wasn’t going to listen and he smiled casually flipping me off muttering that he was still going. I decided to not argue.

“Fine just make sure you call and shit if something happens and if you get in pain stop working out don’t over due it because I will not be taking you to a hospital,” he grinned and waved bye going outside. I continued flipping through the channels as Brooke and Taylor walked in.

“You know he shouldn’t have gone, why’d you let him?” Taylor asked sitting next to me as Brooke took her seat on my lap

“There is no point in arguing with him he’s stubborn as fuck,” I said reaching for the bottle I had next to me. I took a sip and offered some to Brooke who did the same and Taylor followed.