At this point, the wise thing to do would be to ignore him completely and walk away to save myself the trouble, he was clearly incorrigible. However, for some unexplainable reason, my body wasn't inclined to move.

"That's not true, I think you're an insufferable person most of the time but you don't see me trying to punch you every 5 seconds."

He remained silent, I wasn't sure if he was trying not to lash out at me or just plainly ignoring my presence.

"Who do you find not insufferable then? Dustin?" He asked mockingly.

I frowned, "I don't know why you're dragging him into this but as a matter of fact, yes, he's not a pain to be around."

In a taunting manner, he said "Oh you think so?"

"Um...yes?" Though, my reply came out as more of a question.

As Jordan started stalking towards me, like a predator would to its prey, my heart rate picked up and my feet became rooted to the ground.

When he was near enough for my body to feel uncomfortable and instinctively move back, he gripped my upper arm to stop me from retracting further.

Not breaking eye contact thus far, his head bent down so that it was levelled with mine, our faces just mere inches from each other.

He smelled of the fresh ocean breeze and peppermint, lulling my senses into overdrive from how intoxicating his scent was.

Yet again, I felt out of control as my brain became fogged and seemingly trapped under what I can only described as a devilishly handsome smirk he was sporting.

I was apparently so out of my element I almost didn't catch what he uttered next, "Too bad you are stuck with me."

"How was your weekend pesto girl?" Tyler greeted me enthusiastically the minute I sat down next to him.

"It was good...what about yours?"

"Boringgg" he dragged out, "Jordan was being an ass the entire weekend, I am starting to think it might be his time of the month or something."

"Not all girls get extreme mood swing like he does when we're on our period, he takes everything to a whole other level."

"How would you know?" He asked, swiftly retrieving a pen from my pencil case.

"I accompanied him to this charity gala on Saturday and he almost punched this guy just for being in the same room as he is."

"Really? Who is the guy?"

"Zander, any idea who he is?" I inquired.

Tyler's face immediately shifted to one of discomfort and avoided my inquiring eyes. "Shit..that explains why he was so..."

I waited for him to finish his sentence but figured he probably wasn't going to after a few quiet moments.

"So...did anything happen between them? Why do they hate each other so much?" I wasn't one to pry into other's business nor do I care much about the feud between the two guys, I just felt that I deserved at the very least a rational explanation for all that I've had to put up with on Saturday night.

"I'm not sure if Zander hates Jordan per se, maybe strongly dislike, seems to me most of the time that he couldn't care less about it."

"Basically, Jordan's hate towards Zander is one sided?"

"Look..." Tyler twisted his chair to face me, a hand uneasily rubbing his own neck. "I get that you find his behaviour ridiculous and I don't blame you for it, whatever happened between them is not something I can share, just please do not judge him too harshly. He's...been through rough times."

Before I could respond, our chemistry teacher strolled in and started giving out instructions to the class.

We were soon busy retrieving the various lab apparatus and setting up for a titration experiment. Tyler was assigned to collect the handouts we would need later and I silently pondered over his words, wondering if whatever happened was the cause for Jordan's belligerent tendencies.

"Just to let you know, I'm not one who jumps to conclusion about people blindly without knowing their full story. I know best how that feels like and will not do it to another person, not even him." I explained as Tyler placed my handout on my table.

"But, that still doesn't justify why he has been nothing less of a prick to me ever since we first met."

Tyler sighed, "He's a complicated guy, of course, that's not an excuse to how much of an asshole he is to you. Sorry you have to put up with all that."

It was precisely during these instances when I questioned how two completely polar opposite people could become such close friends.

"You don't have to apologise Tyler, its not your fault."

"Where can I find a friend like you my pesto girl?" He nudged my shoulder playfully, I laughed, beckoning him to pass me a beaker as we continued the rest of the session in a bliss of light hearted banter.

"What class do you have after this?" Tyler was washing up the apparatus while I finished up the last few questions on the handout.

"AP literature."

"You continue to amaze me Pesto."

I chuckled, "You're too easily amazed."

He plopped back down on the seat next to mine, "No I'm serious, you're incredible."

"You flatter me too much." I smiled, stashing away the last of my belongings into my duffel.

"Since I just gave you a compliment, isn't it only right for you to treat me to some good ol' burgers and fries?" Tyler swung an arm casually over my shoulders as we walked out of the science lab.

Stepping out of the door, I noticed a figure stood to the side and was confounded when I noticed who he was.

"Jordan?"

Its 1am right now and my eyelids are so heavy so i am gona keep it short: I have been sick for about 3 weeks on & off again in march & buried in presentations & projects thereafter which kind of explains my hiatus.

I've been trying so damn hard to finish a chappie & I hope you guys will like it enough to stay still:,)

Your comments and support still and will always be my number one motivation to continue writing and I appreciate every one of you for each read & vote💕💕

VOTE COMMENT & SHARE IF YOU ARE STILL WITH ME ON THIS JOURNEY<33

xoxo
xuan