“I also regret to inform you that she told me all about it and said that it was all a mistake and she regrets her actions. Don’t call her a tease again, because if anyone’s a tease here it’s you. Now why don’t you saunter off to your little sports car and leave Mika alone, yeah?” he said and pulled me away to the direction of his car.

As I got in Niko’s car, I heard Alex shout “This isn’t over, Mika!” and I slammed the door close. Niko got in nonchalantly and whistled as he drove. I couldn’t bring myself to look at him. Even after finding out that Alex and I slept together, Niko still defended me. I took a deep breath and was about to say something, but he beat me to it.

“Before you say anything, don’t. You don’t need to explain to me. We are strictly business partners and I apologize if I’ve made you feel uncomfortable after awhile ago.” He said, without so much as a glance in my direction.

My jaw was on the floor. Here I was dragging him into my personal affairs and he was the one apologizing to me. I regained my composure and nodded. We arrived at a little cafe and got out of his car. We settled in a table at the back corner of the cafe.

“ This is the contract my lawyer handed me this morning. I’ve looked over it earlier and everything seems to be in place. You should look over it and tell me what you think.” He said nonchalantly, handing me the papers. At a loss for words, I just nodded and took the papers. While skimming through the documents, he ordered or the both of us.

“Everything’s in place so far. Would it be okay with you if I run this through with my uncle first before signing it?” I asked him. He glanced at me while taking a sip of his coffee but averted his gaze quickly.

“Of course. I would be expecting the contract tomorrow though at the business meeting.” He smiled at me but it didn’t reach his eyes. I nodded and placed the documents back in the manila envelope.

“So...You and Alex huh?” he asked curiously, leaning back in his seat. Here we go, the clingy interrogation. I sighed.

“You were right when you said it was a moment of weakness and regret it.” I said, meeting his gaze. All of a sudden he leaned in and took my hand into his. He winked at me and kissed the back of my hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked. I was confused. One minute he was cold and distant and now he was being sweet. Dude has issues.

“Seems like your boyfriend decided to tag along. Don’t look now but he’s at the table across ours glaring at me.” He whispered, chuckling and leaning back in his seat. Well that explains the hand kissing and wink.  I smiled gratefully at him.

“Let’s go somewhere he can’t follow us to.” He said, standing up and placing a few bills on the table. I took this opportunity to glance around the cafe. True enough, I caught a glimpse of Alex looking back before making his way out of the cafe. Niko placed his arm around my waist and guided me to his car.

When he pulled out of the parking slot, I saw Alex’s red Camaro following behind, a few cars apart.

“Wow, you must’ve really been good in bed for him to be stalking you around.” Niko said, amusement evident in his tone. I laughed light heartedly.

“Wouldn’t you want to know, Mr. Carver.” I said, playfully. He chuckled and my stomach flipped. Ugh, stupid feeling.

“So, back to our previous conversation awhile ago. You regret sleeping with him? Why is that?” he asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t regret sleeping with him per se. More I miscalculated him.”

His eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. “I’m not following.”