Hymiskvitha

The gods did in fact plan a grand feast just like Kitri had heard, and Thor was delighted to see Kitri had returned after such a long time away, even if she seemingly brought no news regarding his missing brother.

The feast was primarily to host the god Aegir, who was well known near and far for his own extravagant gatherings, and Thor had come up with a plan to return the favor. It went splendidly, and the gods filled their bellies with wine and mead along with various delicious Asgardian foods.

As well as his feasts, Aegir was mostly known for his skill in brewing, and he brought a few kettles of the finest mead that Kitri had ever tasted, although it was definitely more limited than other available drink.

Loki sat next to Thor in his disguise as Tyr, and he locked eyes with Kitri and gave her one meaningful nod to signal that he was about to begin. Kitri gave him a warm giddy smile in return, her cheeks a bit flushed from the alcohol.

"Perhaps you should host for all of us next time, Aegir?" Thor called out all of a sudden. The thought was there in the back of his mind already, but Loki waited for the right moment to pull it forward and manipulate Thor to say it. "You do have the finest mead, and have many kettles. Surely hosting us all would not be an issue."

Aegir was a close friend to the gods because of those gatherings, even though he was also of Jötunheimr. If there was one thing that warmed up the gods to a foreigner it was definitely good mead and lavish feasts, as long as they still didn't have to accept that foreigner into their lives after that feast.

"I would be happy to host all you." Aegir said hesitantly, looking around the room at the many gods that occupied Odin's halls. "But only if I receive a cauldron big enough to brew the mead for all you gods."

Thor hesitated, looking around the room at how many people were there. Having plenty to drink for so many gods would require an incredibly massive cauldron. To everyone's surprise it was Tyr who stood up and address Thor.

Thor nodded, gesturing for Tyr to speak.

"I know of a large enough cauldron." He announced. "The largest you have ever seen. A full mile in depth! My own father Hymir owns it in Jötunheimr, just east of Elivagar."

Kitri watched the performance in wonder, since Loki did always sound so convincingly like the person he was disguised at. It was a truly impressive skill to be able to pick up even the smallest gestures that he would observe that make the person who they are and recreate it with such perfection.

"Your mighty father... Will he let us borrow this cauldron?" Thor asked.

"Yes, friend. If we use a few tricks." Tyr responded, looking at Thor with a friendly smile.

It should have been alarming that Tyr, the god known for law, negotiation, order and honesty, was suggesting trickery, yet no one ever thought to question him.

Thor grew a wide cheerful grin. "What tremendous news! I will go on this journey! It has been long since I have had a proper adventure."

The gods cheered, praising Thor for setting up such an exciting plan for future feasts. Kitri locked eyes with Loki as she wore a wide smile. He winked at her before looking away and redirecting his attention back to Thor and the others. "Now it is up to you to get Thor to take you along with us." He thought playfully.

"Simple." Kitri thought with a light scoff as she crossed her arms, already starting to brainstorm ideas for some sort of plan.

"Some sort of deception? Trickery?" Loki thought excitedly as he heard soft whispers of thought slip through. "Let me hear your thoughts properly, woman. I wish to know your plan."

Kitri's mind suddenly went quiet as she looked over to him with a cheeky smirk and crossed her arms. He could tell she made up her mind on something, and he let out a quick frustrated growl.

She moved to a group of Asgardian women and started chatting with them for a few moments until she saw that Thor was a bit less surrounded by people, Loki still staying close to his side as Tyr.

"Thor, could I perhaps come as well?" She asked directly with a soft smile. " It will give me a chance to inquire about Loki's whereabouts from the Jötun with less suspicion, since I am not his sibling as you are."

"Of course, lady Kitri!" Thor voiced as he clasped his hand down over her shoulder, pulling her in a bit towards him. "You are always welcome company to have."

"Oh, come on! Really?" Loki thought with a groan. Kitri grinned, shooting him a playful smile.

She knew he would be upset by her just being direct instead of using some sort of clever way to manipulate Thor. She was also just aware that he did not require it. They had become closer friends in Loki's absence. Platonic, but definitely close enough for him to be happy to bring her along without much hesitation. It seemed that maybe seeing the way she seemed to make Loki happy before his disappearance put her in a position worthy of respect. Loki may not have been above trying to ruin the happiness of his siblings in the past, but Thor was very content that she seemed to make Loki settle down a bit while he was there.

Little did he know about her enthusiastic involvement in his grand schemes.

Thor smiled at them and the three of them agreed to set out the following morning at dawn.

So it begins...
*notice how this story cover has a white wolf shape between them? 👀🐺*