Night in Jötunheimr

A painful hunger suddenly consumed Thor as they sat around the dining table. Hymir was seated at the head while drumming his large heavy fingers against it, with his wife to his side.
Thor was seated directly opposite to him at the other end, and Kitri and Tyr sat across eachother on each side of Thor, doing their best to fight the urge to be closer together.

Hymir did not dissapoint in his generosity when it came to entertaining guests, even if one of the guests in question was none other than the sworn enemy of the giants. He had three of his finest bulls slautered for this feast, and to his dismay, Thor somehow managed to eat two of them.

Hymir grit his teeth as he watched Thor hungerly devouring most of the second, occasionally glancing over with concern to Mjölnir, Thor's famous hammer of death to his kind that was meaningfully placed on the table right by Thor's right hand.

It seemed like a symbolic warning to stay on his toes.

No matter the realm or culture, bulls were a measure of wealth and status, and this greedy unwelcome god just consumed most of what was served for the night. Hymir could hardly handle it as he heard Thor let out a loud belch before reaching over to grab more meat.

"At this rate, we better go fishing in the morning to be able to feed the three of you guests." He grumbled, only briefly looking over to his wife as she placed a loving hand on his forearm in reassurance. She gave him a sad smile as she tried to remove some of the ice stuck in his black and gray long hair.

He gently, but abruptly moved her hands away from him.

Thor let out a hearty laugh, completely not cognisant of the hostile aura surrounding the whole table due to his presence and behavior. "That sounds like a great plan, Hymir! Tyr has told me that you are an excellent fisherman. I would be honored to row and fish by your side if you would allow me to use some bait."

Kitri slowly looked over to Loki with a wide smile as she raised an eyebrow. Loki cleared his throat and attempted to look like an slightly timid Tyr. "Yes, father. I have told tales of your skill to the Æsir..."

"You believe he would have?" Kitri wandered.

"Most certainly not... The gods despise hearing about the giants unless it is to their benefit somehow. I implanted that idea to show flattery. To put him off his guard even more. Flatter the giant. Let him and Thor really come head to head toward eachother later." Loki responded with glee.

Loki seemed to pause for a second, looking over to Kitri longingly. There was a neat trick that he learned how to do with her as their powers became more and more in synch with each passing moment. It was to appear as one while looking like something else to others in his vicinity. He tried to look like his usual self for Kitri, even if it was a soft translucent overlay upon his disguise as Tyr.

She held his gaze for a few long moments before looking away and back toward their frost giant host.

"Let me think on what bait I will have you gather... It is far too late to do such a thing tonight anyhow." Hymir stated as he nodded toward the frosty window nearby that showed the darkness that had fallen around his home.

He pushed his chair back as he stood, the sound of it scraping along the aged wood filling the partially awkward silence left by his words. He took a moment to look over everyone in his home once again, before signaling towards his wife that they should retire for the night.

She hurriedly got up from her seat and quickly nodded toward Tyr. "I am certain you have not forgotten where the rooms to keep our guests are?"

Loki gave her a reassuring smile and nod, and the two frost giants made their way upstairs, leaving the grandmother in front of the fireplace on her own.