An Explanation

~Glory's POV~

The group decided to go to Jade Mountain, as it was still empty at that time (school was out for a break), and it was still fairly close to Sanctuary.

Glory and Deathbringer, along with Tsunami, Tidal, Turtle, Kinkajou, Waterfall, Sundew, Willow, Hazel, Cricket, Bumblebee, Leafshade, and Firefly, all went to one cave, while the remaining SilkWings and LeafWings (apparently Cricket and Bumblebee were the only HiveWings) rested after their journey.

"So," Tsunami started. "One day, a few weeks ago, Qibli came to Sanctuary and said he needed me and Turtle. So, I told Riptide I had to leave, and me and Turtle went to the Sand Kingdom to a hut where a SandWing animus lives."

"An animus?" Glory asked. "Who?"

"Her name is Jerboa." Tsunami said. "She's been living since Darkstalkers time. You may remember her mother in the scrolls that Webs would give us." She added to Glory. She glanced at the new dragons. "That's Clearsight time, for you all."

Crickets eyes widened. "More Distant Kingdoms super dragon magic."

"Yup." Tsunami said. "So, anyway, Turtle was going to enchant something so that me, Turtle, Moon, Qibli, and this SilkWing that landed on the Sand Kingdoms shore a few days before, could travel to Pantala. But, since we can't have nice things, animus magic isn't working. Turtle says Qibli broke it."

"He did!" Turtle protested. "By the way, have you talked to Qibli and Moon about getting Luna over here now that a bunch of her tribe is here?"

"Yeah. I sent Riptide over to there to make sure they were coming over. And to send an... extra message."

"So, how did Qibli break animus magic?" Deathbringer interjected.

"There was a protection spell that he worded for Turtle and Anemone to protect their souls." Tsunami answered. "There is one problem, one that Turtle here won't believe, and that's Jerboa can't use it either, and she doesn't have the protection spell on her."

"The only thing that could stop animus magic is animus magic, unless there's something more powerful that we haven't heard of. There could be an animus on Pyrrhia that could have taken it away, one that we don't know of. One of Coral's sons maybe. Unless there are animus on Pantala?" Glory asked.

Willow shook her head. "We've never heard of animus magic until now. Imagine if Queen Wasp had it." She muttered.

"Moon, had some kind of prophecy there, too," Tsunami continued. "So, Turtle and I swam to Pantala, and then a... problem came up, and we took all of the dragons back here." Tsunami said. "I'll tell you all about it later." She added to Glory, Deathbringer, and Kinkajou.

"Um, Queen Glory?" Hazel asked nervously.

"Yes?" Glory said, turning to the LeafWing.

"I-I have a few questions on being queen. See, I've only been queen for about a week, and I'd quite like it if I could ask you some questions about it." Hazel said. "I'm just unsure about everything I do, every decision I make."

"I was the same way, actually." Glory said. "The RainWings, for a long time, we're stereotyped as 'lazy' and 'worthless', and they even took turns being queen. Then, a bunch of RainWings were kidnapped, and I went in to rescue them, and got captured. See, I was raised away from the RainWings, which is a long story. Tsunami was raised away from her tribe, too, with me. So, before that, Deathrbinger here was sent to kill me, he was an assassin, but he didn't. I got captured by the NightWings, escaped with Kinkajou with me with Deathbringer and another one of my friends, Clays, help. The NightWings used to live on a volcano, and the second time we went to rescue RainWings, I was queen at the time, the volcano was erupting. As the NightWings left, the only way they were able to get out was to swear their allegiance to me, and accept me as queen."

"Whoa." Cricket said.

"Was it hard being queen of two tribes?" Hazel asked. "How did they react to you being queen?"

"The RainWings were fine with it." Glory said. "The NightWings were either going to die or have me as their queen, so I think having me as queen is a better option." Glory joked. "Some of them still don't like me being queen."

"It was me, really, that got a lot of them to like Glory." Deathbringer boasted.

"Yeah, by threatening to kill them all." Glory muttered.

"He could do that?" Hazel said.

"No, because I would have fired him from the job he hired himself to do." Glory said.

"You had no problem with it." Deathbringer said smugly.

Glory smacked Deathbringer with her wing. "Shut up."

The group realized it was getting late, and the dragonets were getting tired, so they all separated into different caves and went to sleep.