Glorybringer Dragonets

~Glory's POV~

A/N: Warning: Large time gap

About eighteen months had passed since Glory and Deathbringer had started dating, and they had shared their first kiss. They were now married, and were going to be parents. They were going to be parents that day. There was one problem, though, because life just has to be difficult like that.

Deathbringer didn't know. Only Glory and Grandeur knew, and Grandeur only knew because Glory had panicked when she found out she was pregnant, and felt more comfortable with someone she trusted that had dragonets to help her.

Glory knew she would have to tell her husband, but she was really scared. Glory buried her head in her talons. What was she going to do? She heard a knock on her door and cleared her head, hurrying to open it, not surprised Deathbringer was standing there.

"Hey," he said. "What's up?"

"Not much." Glory replied with a sigh.

Deathbringer furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong, Glory?" He asked gently, laying one of his talons on hers. "You've been acting weird lately. You can tell me what's wrong, I won't be mad, whatever it is. I swear."

Glory looked into Deathbringer's eyes. "You won't be mad?" She whispered.

Deathbringer nodded. "Why would I be mad?" He asked.

"Because—" Glory was cut off as a loud CRACK was heard.

"What was that?" Deathbringer asked suspiciously. "It sounded like an egg. But it couldn't be... could it?"

Glory walked to her desk and pulled out her egg, their egg, that was hidden under it.

Deathbringer's eyes widened. "It is an egg."

Glory nodded. "It's ours."

Deathbringer grinned. "Great."

Glory let go of a breath she didn't even know she was holding. "Really? You're fine with this?!

"Of course I am." Deathbringer grinned smugly. "I've always wanted a dragonet, especially after meeting you. I'll teach it so much, like how to fight, the proper way to kill someone, slit their throat—"

"Okay, that might be the opposite of what we're going for." Glory interrupted.

Deathbringer grinned again and they both turned their attention to the almost-cracked egg. The egg rocked again, broke, and two dragonets tumbled out, one completely pink that had Deathbringer's build and was female, and the other had the RainWing build, the RainWing ruff, and was completely black other than a few patches of color across his body.

"What should we name them?" Glory asked.

"The male should be Deathbringer Jr., and the female should be Deathbringer Jr's sister." Deathbringer said smugly.

"Uh... no." Glory said. "I was thinking, maybe Firefly for the female, and if you can think of a decent name, you can name the other one."

"Firefly's perfect." Deathbringer insisted. "And since Deathbringer Jr. is a no-go, then what about... Leafshade?"

"Perfect." Glory turned to her newly-hatched dragonets. "Princess Firefly and Prince Leafshade."

Her dragonets came running over to Glory, tripping over their talons.

Glory chuckled and picked up her dragonets, handing one to Deathrbinger, whose eyes widened. "What?!" He said. "You can't give one to me. I'm an assassin. I'll kill one by touching it."

"You'll be fine." She said reassuringly. "Look, it's almost night now, so let's go to sleep. I can help you in the morning,"

Deathbringer reluctantly nodded, and curled up on the floor. Glory laid down next to him, and their two dragonets curled up together on Deathbringer's back. Deathbringer tensed, but eventually relaxed.

Glory laid her head on her talons, feeling happier than she had in ages. She had a family now, and she loved them. She had found someone who accepted her for who she is (other than the Dragonets of Destiny), and she couldn't have wanted her life go any other way.