The Reunion

~Deathbringer's POV~

Why did Deathbringer tell Glory about his mother? He had never told anyone that. Why? Why? Why? He thought. Because you love her. His brain answered.

He did. He loved Glory. It was as simple as that. Glory was his... everything. His will to live. If Glory died, Deathbringer would probably jump off a cliff. He wouldn't be able to live with himself, especially if he could have prevented it.

He looked at Glory's sleeping form. She's so... beautiful. He thought. They had spent the night at Deathbringer's hut.

"Glory." Deathbringer whispered. "Glory, wake up."

Glory raised her head sleepily. "What, Deathbringer?"

"Your friends are coming today. You can't be asleep when they come."

Glory immediately shot up, changing her scale color. "Let's go." She said determinedly.

They walked into the RainWing village and saw a large crowd of RainWings.

"BACK OFF!" Glory roared. "They are our guests. Treat them with respect."

The RainWings all backed away, and Sunny barreled into Glory.

"Glory!" She yelled happily.

"It's good to see you all." Glory said. "It's been such a long time. What's up with you all?" She asked.

"Not much." Tsunami replied. "Since the Darkstalker incident, school has been quiet, which is nice."

Clay nodded. "It's been great,"

Glory grinned. "I bet. How's Riptide, Tsunami?"

Tsunami blushed. "He's fine."

"Does your mom know?"

"No." Tsunami glared at Glory.

"Also, at the queens meeting, your mother said you mentioned something about me and my stupid bodyguard that I didn't ask for?"

Tsunami smirked. "Of course I did. Why wouldn't I? Anyway, how was the queens meeting?"

Glory's eyes widened. "It was fine." She said nervously.

Tsunami rolled her eyes. "Glory, there's no point in lying to us. Tell us the truth."

Glory sighed. "The other queens gave me two years to get married and have dragonets."

"WHAT?!" Tsunami yelled. "That's stupid!"

Glory nodded. "That's pretty much what Deathbringer said."

Deathbringer nodded. "I think it's stupid. I mean, it's not like Glory's going to die anytime soon. At least, not with Pyrrhia's best assassin as her bodyguard."

Glory whapped Deathbringer with her wing.

"Hey! That hurt!" He protested.

"I would have thought 'Pyrrhia's best assassin' could have dodged it." Glory replied.

"So," Starflight said. "When are you and Deathbringer going to get married?" He asked.

"When are you and Fatespeaker going to-oh wait you already are. Darn it." Glory glared at Starflight, even though he couldn't see it. "Hopefully never."

Tsunami snorted. "Tell me that in 6 months when you're getting married."

"Well, last night we did go out-" Deathbringer started, but was cut off at Glory's stare.

Clay stepped between Tsunami and Glory. "Stop fighting. We should get some food. I'm hungry."

"Okay." Glory shrugged. "I haven't eaten today anyway."