The Meeting, Part 3

~Glory~

Glory woke up and sighed. Deathbringer was outside her hut, waiting to the Sand Kingdom. She quickly changed her scale color, and walked out.

"My queen," Deathbringer said. "Shall we go to the Sand Kingdom now?"

Glory didn't answer, just rolled her eyes and started walking towards the NightWing village, which was where the tunnels were.

Glory walked toward the tunnel, and felt a wave of heat as she saw sand for miles, and Thorn's Stronghold in the distance.

She flapped her wings and started flying toward the stronghold.

———————

When Glory arrived at the Stronghold, she saw Thorn standing outside, looking in the distance.

"Queen Thorn!" Glory called, quickening her pace.

Thorn laughed. "I'm still not used to that title, even after 3 years. It's good to see you, Glory."

"Are any of the other queens here?" Glory asked.

Thorn shook her head. "Not yet. They should be here soon."

———————

When all the queens and their guards arrived, Snowfall started to speak.

"So, the topic today is heirs. I believe the majority of us have an heir?"

Thorn nodded. "Sunny's my heir. As much as she doesn't want to be queen, I know she would take up the throne after me if I die soon."

Queen Moorhen looked at Thorn. "There's also been rumors you've been recently married to Smolder? Are they true?"

Thorn blushed slightly. "Um... yeah. They're true." (Sorry not sorry Thronmover shippers. Thornder 4 life)

"Congratulations, Thorn." Glory said.

Moorhen cleared her throat. "Does anyone not have an heir?"

Glory glanced at Thorn. "I-I don't have an heir."

The other queens looked at her. "Really?" Queen Coral asked. "Tsunami told me she thought that you and that bodyguard of yours would have had dragonets by now."

Glory rolled her eyes, trying to keep her scale color from changing. "Deathbringer's an idiot. Anyway, I don't have time to get married, let alone have dragonets! Also, I'm only ten! I'm barely an adult!"

Thorn looked at Glory. "You do realize I had Sunny around your age,"

"Were you a queen?" Glory asked.

"No," Thorn said. "But I was ruling the Outclaws."

Glory sighed. Snowfall looked at Glory. "Glory, we're going to give you two years to get married and have an heir. Are you okay with that?"

Glory nodded, knowing there was no point in arguing.

Thorn gave Glory a sympathetic look. "Well, I guess this meetings over."

Glory said goodbye to the other queens, and walked out of the room to get her bodyguard.

She flew back to the rainforest, silent, deep in thought.

When Glory landed at her hut, Deathbringer started asking questions.

"You're being awfully quiet," he commented. "Normally you tell me about the meeting, or make some comment about the way I fly, or something sarcastic. What happened?"

Glory sighed. "The queens meeting was fine, Deathbringer. We just talked about heirs."

"And?" Deathbringer pressed.

"And the other queens have given me two years to get married and have an heir."

"WHAT?" Deathbringer roared. "That's stupid!" He paused. "Does it, erm, does it have to be a RainWing?" He murmured.

"Deathbringer," Glory said.

"Er, yes, my queen?"

"What are you implying?"

"N-nothing, my love-er queen. Queen! Definitely queen. Argh!" Deathbringer put his talons on his forehead.

"Well," Glory said. "That escalated quickly."

"It did." Deathbringer agreed. "Um... Glory, if I may, could I take my queen to a special place for dinner?"

Glory laughed. "Is this a date?"

Deathbringer looked embarrassed. "Maybe?"

"Well, I accept."