Chapter Fifteen: Justin Finch-Fletchley.

"You're staying during the holidays?"

"I might," Erick eyed her up, "why?"

"The second part of my favor-"

"Oh, here it comes..."

"It's a bit trickier than the first."

"I wouldn't expect any less," He crossed his arms on the table, leaning further, "tell me all about it"

Mel and Erick had found safe haven in the library, none of their friends were usually there and their housemates that did go were usually too focused on their own homework. They would also stay at the very far corner, that way they could hide in case anyone they knew entered the library unannounced.

"You know about my... investigation"

"Yes," He raised a brow, "I suppose is going strong, right now Potter's officially the heir-"

"People is so stupid," Mel rolled her eyes, "I can't blame them though, it's a bit strange"

"But you believe him?"

"I'm certain he's not it," She said, "anyway, that's not what I'm trying to tell you. My friends and I might be... doing some stuff, we're- uh- we'remakingpolyjuicepotion."

She said it all too fast, waiting for Erick to go mad and try to talk her out of it. However, he just stared and waited for her to continue.

"You know what Poly-?"

"I'm familiar with the term, yes." He started to draw patterns on the table, "so you're plan is to get inside my common room dressed as Slytherins- and what?"

"Wha- well, Malfoy..."

"You still think it's Malfoy?"

"I don't have a reason to discard him!" She replied with an angry whisper.

"You also don't have a reason to be so sure it's him," Erick tilted his head, "and that plan is extremely dangerous- the book's in the restricted sect-"

"We got it."

"How?"

"Lockhart's an idiot, but you say the right words and he melts at your feet."

"What words?" He smirked, "'You have the best smile, please sign this' ?"

"Yes, exactly," Mel replied in amusement, "easy target"

Erick stayed silent for longer than she'd have liked. Maybe pondering all he was hearing.

"How long until the potion's ready?" He asked in a low whisper.

"I don't know," She shrugged, "but I'm sure we'll do it during the holidays"

"That's why you want me to stay?" He raised a brow, "alright, Miss. I'll humor you. What do you need me to do?"

"Wait, that's it?" She looked at him in astonishment.

"You were expecting something else?"

"You're not gonna ask me to stop what I'm doing? Think twice?"

"It seems like you and your friends have made up your minds," He shrugged, "I'm sure you'll fail, so that's why I don't have another option but to agree and help you"

"Oh wow, that's nice," She huffed.

"What do you need me to do?" He repeated.

"I didn't chase it at him! " A voiced exclaimed from a few aisles away, "It didn't even touch him!"

Both kids recognized his voice and got up, peering over the corner to see Harry, standing in front of a group of Hufflepuffs.

 "What's he doing?"

"He's looking for Justin," She said, "he wants to explain everything to him"

"That's the worst thing he could do," When he saw her expression, he added, "everyone thinks he's the heir! Now he's chasing the possible victims? Your friend sure is silly"

"He's a good boy," Mel grumbled.

Harry argued with the Hufflepuffs for a few seconds before rushing out of the library without looking back. Mel and Erick returned to their seats.

"You know," He said. "I admit I had my doubts about befriending you, but it sure isn't boring"

"Funny," She pushed the hair away from her face. "I just want to find the heir and finish this nightmare. Harry's having a terrible time-"

"You're incapable of talking about something else that isn't Harry, aren't you?" He teased her. "Crushing are we?"

"Shut-your-stupid-mouth!" She said, each word accompanied by failed attempts to punch him. "Why is everyone so obsessed with that? Can't I worry about my friend?"

"There's a difference between worrying and talking about him like he's the bloody sun-"

"I won't talk about this," Mel cut his speech, feeling the redness increasing, "it's stupid."

"Blimey," Erick laughed, "you like Potter!"

"Flint!" Mel snapped. "Stop! This is not important-"

"I'll stop teasing if you admit you've got it bad for Potter-"

"Only if you admit you have a crush on Anne!"

Erick's face went pale, Mel was afraid she'd stepped over yet another fine line when a voice echoed outside the library.

"ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAACK!" 

They shared one panicky look before sprinting up and out of the library, following the screams along with the students that had heard it as well. The scene was simply awful:

Justin Finch-Fletchley laying on the ground and pale as paper, he wasn't moving. Nearly Headless Nick floating quietly above them, looking -for the first time ever as strange as that might sound- dead.

Harry was right next to them.

"Caught in the act!" Ernie yelled, pointing his finger at Harry.

"That will do, Macmillan!" said Professor McGonagall, who had come out of one of the classrooms. 

Peeves decided that singing was the best thing to do in a case like that.

"Oh, Potter, you rotter, oh, what have you done, You're killing off' students, you think it's good fun -"

"That's enough Peeves!" snapped Professor McGonagall. 

People scattered as Justin and Nick were taken away, ready to tell the gossip to the whole school. Soon enough they were left alone: McGonagall, Harry, Mel, and Erick.

Harry's eyes locked with hers, not even noticing Erick beside her. When she tried to move to get to him, McGonagall stood between them.

"This way, Potter," she said.

"Professor," said Harry at once, "I swear I didn't -"

"This is out of my hands, Potter," said Professor McGonagall, then she turned to look at Erick and Mel, "go to your common rooms and stay there, you can't be wandering around-"

"Please, let me go with Harry-"

"What I said is final, Miss Dumbledore."

"Let's go..." Mumbled Erick beside her.

Harry stared at her with pleading eyes but was soon dragged out of the hall by McGonagall.

"Mel?" Erick asked in a strangely soft voice that didn't seem to belong to him. 

"He didn't do it," Was all she could say when she turned around. "You have to believe me, Harry would never-"

"I'm sure you'll find a way to prove it," He assured her. "In the meantime... you should listen to McGonagall." 

"Fine," She replied, her mind already far away from where they were standing.

"Miss?" She glanced at him, "I'll help you with the plan."