ALTONBA

"How can they be afraid of a dead planet?" Pidge asks. "I almost figured it was them who killed it."

"Something tells me it's not just a planet," Keith says.

"You are correct, Keith," Allura says. "In fact, I don't believe it is a planet at all..."

As if on cue, the 'planet' before them begins to quake. As it does so, the Mrawls' panic intensifies. Two cracks appear on its surface and begin to split apart, a glowing red light coming from the holes. The gang realize with disbelief that it is indeed two eyes opening instead, and a third opening reveals itself to be a horrifyingly huge mouth.

 The gang realize with disbelief that it is indeed two eyes opening instead, and a third opening reveals itself to be a horrifyingly huge mouth

"It isn't a planet... It's a creature!" Pidge says excitedly. "A planet-sized creature!"

"I'd say it's even bigger than a Balmera," Hunk says.

"Altonba is its name!" Realization hits Allura.

"I hear you speaking of me," Altonba says, turning its glowing red eyes toward Voltron. Its voice is stranger than any they've ever heard, both smooth and pleasant to hear but rough and loud at the same time. It then turns its attention to the panicking Mrawls flying around it. "I thought I told you creatures, if you ever returned I would permanently be rid of you!"

"We're sorry Altonba," the Mrawls say in unison. "Please, don't destroy u--"

Before the sentence can even be finished, a blast of red and black shoots from Altonba. Suddenly, every single Mrawl vanishes.

"Did they teleport away?" Veronica wonders.

"They are not allowed to teleport around me," Altonba replies. "I disable their ability. Although now, they will never teleport again. Ever."

"Ever?" Keith repeats. "You mean you killed them all, just like that?"

"Killed? No. They just no longer exist."

     "Why didn't you do this before?" Keith asks. "You've obviously dealt with them before. They were terrified of you."

     "Long, long ago Mrawls were my servants. They did my bidding, in exchange for deadened planets on which to feed upon. But eventually they became greedy and began destroying live worlds, disrupting the balance of the universe. I was going to terminate their existence, but they promised never to do it again if I spared them. Unfortunately, I believed them. Especially when they went into hiding underground on distant planets. But, as I must every million deca-phoebs, I fell into my hibernation. It appears that the Mrawls sensed my absence and believed me to be gone for good, allowing them to terrorize the universe once more."

     "So, just to be clear, they are gone now?" Hunk asks. "Like, gone gone?"

     Altonba groans. "Yes."

The Paladins all heave a collective sigh of relief. Lance leans back in his chair, folding his arms behind his head. "Alright! That takes care of that problem. Let's head home!"

"Not so fast," Altonba says. "I destroyed the Mrawls because they were a universal menace. Pests. An infestation. They bred distruction and death wherever they went. And you, mighty Voltron... I am beginning to wonder if you aren't the same."

"What?!" Lance shouts.

"How in the universe do you figure that?" Keith asks.

"I have heard of your exploits. Everywhere you go, distruction and death follow. Just like with the Mrawls."

"Yeah, except we weren't the ones causing the distruction!" Pidge says. "We were saving the universe!"

"That would depend on your point of view."

"Who are you to dictate that, anyway?" Keith asks.

"Yeah, and where were you when we were fighting all the Galra?" Lance adds.

"What does it matter? I am here now, and I say that Voltron should be destroyed before it disrupts the universal balance any further."

"And what do you think you are doing?" Allura finally speaks up. "You speak of how terrible death and distruction are. Well, from my point of view that is exactly what you are causing!"

"How dare you?!" Atonba's eyes glow an even brighter red, and it almost appears as if smoke is coming from its mouth.

"Allura, I think you just made it madder," Lance says worriedly.

But Allura continues. "While you've been sitting here sleeping with all this amazing power and awesome abilities, we have been out there defending this universe. You could have stepped in any time to help protect and save lives, but you didn't. We were out there doing that. We were out there saving people. This universe is still here because of us! You are just a selfish being who does whatever it wants whenever it pleases, without really caring about the universe or anyone in it!"

Altonba releases the most horrible and terrifying sound they have ever heard; somewhere between a growl and a scream, but almost otherworldly. It begins to shoot out the same red and black beam toward Voltron that it did at the Mrawls, but the Paladins are expecting it.

     "Move, move!" Keith yells, but everyone is already working together in unison to move Voltron out of the beam's way.

     "You think you can evade me?" Altonba laughs deeply and menacingly. "Guess I'll finally see for myself what this Voltron I've heard so much about is really made of!"