Chapter 22-Before We End(Brooklyn's part)

15 Years Later

When will this ever end. The pain I mean. I remember everything from that day. But I don't want to.

"Brooklyn?" Snapping out of my thoughts, I faced my mother. "Hum y-yeah mom?" Her face scrunched up in confusion. "You okay princess?" I nodded solemnly. "You sure you seem a b-" She started. "I'm fine!" I snapped in return. She frowned and I flinched back, in fear she would hit me.

"I'm sorry," I pleaded. "Please d-don't hurt me." She frowned. "Brooklyn I would ne-" She would have continued if Danielle hadn't come in. "Hey Brook? Are you better now? When can you come home?" Dani asked rapidly. I shrugged. "I don't know Dani, I'm sure soon." Which was a blatant lie, I wasn't going home any time soon. Mom was never going to help me. She lied.

I am never going to be fixed. I am never going to leave Timberline Knolls. I just know it.

"Brooklyn?" Charlotte came in slowly. Her bump was a lot bigger now that she was having twins. Behind her trailed her husband and my nephew, Jaden and Andrew. I nodded. "Y-Yes." She sat down slowly with the help of my mom and Dani. "Are you getting better now? You know I hate seeing my younger sister hurt." I nodded painfully. She smiled big, just like moms smile. Which I certainly didn't inherit.

"Mom?" She faced me and smiled. "Yes sweetie?" I sighed. "When will this pain end?" I asked cautiously. She sighed and sat down next to me. "Only when you decide to."