3

"Damnit!" Daniel threw the Wii remote down irritably and, admittedly, melodramatically.
He had lost again to his twin, Simon.
"How bad can you be at Just Dance anyway?" Simon grinned teasingly at the other blonde who scowled aggressively at him, flopping on the couch next to his boyfriend who had just spent the past 20 minutes coddling Ziggy.
"I'm not bad at Just Dance!" Daniel retorted very matter-of-factly.
Simon giggled, knowing he could push Daniel's buttons so easily, anyone could- seemingly except for Connor.
"So when are the others showing up?" Daniel relaxed back into the seat.
"Markus, North, and Josh are coming in 30 minutes- when Markus gets done at Carl's little gallery viewing." Simon's mouth twitched with a little smile every time he mentioned Markus, like a love sick teenager, "Chloe and Tina should be here any time, last I checked, Elijah was having 'a serious talk with Tina'; and Jerry and Ralph will be here in an hour."
The irritable blonde blinked in astonishment for a few moments, who knew Simon had this many friends? Not him.
"when can Nines and Gavin come to a game night?" Simon titled his head kindly, picking up the cup of tea and taking a sip of it. It was too hot but he was too socially awkward to say anything about it so he just smiled and sat it down like nothing was wrong.
Connor opened his mouth to speak but was promptly interrupted by a loud knock on the door.
Simon frowned a bit and walked over, noisy people were never his cup of tea, but he didn't detest them either. He could about guess who was on the other side of the-
"Just tell him to fuck off, Markus!" North half whined and half yelled.
"I'm not-" Markus shook his head, looking down at Simon who had opened the door in the meantime, "Hey, Simon"
"Its obvious you like him back, Markus. Ask him out!" Josh perked up.
"Oh, yea, right! Like Markus would like him back." North punctuated her sentence by stomping like an irritable toddler.
"well telling him to fuck off would cause a fight, North"
Markus rolled his eyes, "Would you guys please shut up? I have my eyes on someone already."
The three walked in once Simon stepped aside, taking their shoes off and placing them on the mat next to the door.
Simon's heart sank, but he smiled at Markus who turned toward him.
"How about a third opinion? Simon, what do you think I should do?" The three stared intently at Simon, who, in turn, backed into the counter.
"um... What ever seems right to you, Markus."
North groaned loudly and Josh shook his head. He expected nothing less. They all ventured into the living room to join the other guests, North and Josh still quarrelling behind a now downcast and struggling to smile Simon, listening to Markus talk about his dad's art gallery.
"So, who is trying to get with Markus?" Daniel piped up, looking at the four.
"Some guy Kara introduced us to." North rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest and falling into a cushy seat, "real creep if you ask me."
"he is not a creep he's just... overly nice" Josh attempted not to cringe up.
North groaned again, louder this time.
"we don't fight in the living room." Simon seemed to remind the two, walking past them to the kitchen, grabbing more cups for tea.
So Markus has his eyes on someone. The small blonde stared down at the cup, fidgeting with his sleevies.
Who could that be?