Prologue

"Simon! Simon, for the love of god!"
Simon jumped a few centimeters out of his seat, "What? What did I do?"
"You were staring. Again." His brother hissed at him, jabbing an accusing finger into his chest.
Simon looked down guiltily, fidgeting nervously with his sleeves. Daniel has found him in the park with his lunch, staring- again- at 'that asshole' as Daniel so lovingly addressed him.
"If you like him so much, go fucking talk to him" Daniel plopped himself down on the bench next to him, he knew Simon was too absolutely terrified of talking to him, and never would, so the threat was just a silly jab at his crush on the guy. Simon's nervousness was even more of an unfounded act that pestered him since he was close friends with him anyway.
It would be no surprise if Simon didn't get up to go actually talk to him, but what was a surprise was when he did. He stood up, pulled his phone out to look at himself a little, flatten his shirt, and shoved it back in his pocket, and walked over.
Over. Over to Markus.
Oh RA9 this was a mistake Simon's whole face flushed and he stumbled a little when Markus glanced at him and grinned wide and offered a wave, throwing the frisbee to Josh before looking back at the blonde, "hey Simon!"
Simon fought the urge to smile dumbly at the taller man, "hey Markus. How... er, how has your day been?" He internally scolded himself. How's your day been? What are you? A teen dating catalog?
"It's been fair. Going to go meet North later for dinner, and then go catch a movie. Want to go?"
Simon's heart sank. Oh, of course. North. Markus adored North. Everyone knew that. Though, a movie with Markus sounded wonderful, even though North would be there, "I can't go to dinner, I'm meeting Connor- Daniel's boyfriend today, but a movie sounds nice"
Markus' grin only grew and he let out what sounded like a happy laugh, "sounds good, meet you at the movies?"
Simon nodded, "yea- yea sounds good!"
Markus' phone rang, he answered it- North, of course.
Simon excused himself and excitedly walked back to Daniel and sat in his spot on the bench, smiling like an absolute moron, "I'm going to watch a movie with Markus and North."
Daniel just looked like a dumbass at Simon.
How unexpected.