Chapter 12: The Last Goodbye

Kameko Bakugo

We sit on the couch as I try to fill my uncontrollable hunger with blood bags and nachos. Deku, who's laying with his head on my chest, looks up at me, keeping eye contact, and sneakily steals a nacho.
"Hey!" I scold him. He looks hurt so I kiss his forehead and hand him the plate. He gives me a smile that brightens the world and I give him a weak smile back.
"Thank you, Kacchan."
"Mhm. No problem, Izuku." I suddenly feel pain in my stomach and an acid feeling in my throat so I push Izuku to the side and run for the bathroom. I kneel in front of the open toilet bowl before puking. I've been sick like this for 7 weeks. "I haven't had my period since I've been turned so is that part of being a heretic or am I pregnant?" I ask out loud. I hear Izuku's soft footsteps approaching me and I grab a tissue, wiping off my mouth before throwing it in the toilet. I flush it and get up, slowly. As soon as I stand, arms wrap around my waist. She said this is what she wanted but was she sure? Will she hate me? A tear rolls down my cheek and Izuku wipes it away as he asks me, "What's wrong?"
"N-nothing," I reply. Crap! I stuttered!
"Something must be wrong, Kacchan."
"Why don't you tell me if this is wrong?! I could be pregnant with our baby!!!" I scream, shoving him to the side and running to the room. I slam and lock the door before going to my vanity and looking at myself. Minutes later, I hear a soft knock at my door. "GO AWAY!" I scream at the traitor of a boyfriend. I look down at my stomach rubbing it and say, "It's going to be okay." I'm not sure if the baby believes me but I am sure Izuku didn't want to listen because he continued to talk,
"Kacchan, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I thought someone hurt you but it turns out I'm the one who does that. I'm so sorry Kacchan. I hope sometime soon you will be able to forgive me, if not for my sake then for the sake of our child's future." I walk over to the door and unlock it and pull it inwards. Deku looks at me,puffy-eyed, and I open my arms as he falls into them. I wrap my arms around him, restraining him, and chant, "Amica vale non potes me modo hoc amica vale maybe aliquis hodie a me invenies maybe, heu, maybe hoc est ultimum vale maybe, heu, maybe tua dilectione mea EGO dont volo hic videtur oportet discedere Non puto ego non amo te carissimi quia dereliquit me et te pulvis Hoc autem scito sum ut eruam te et hoc modo ut auferat sic amica mea im invisibilia." He looks around with tear threatening to spill out of his eyes. No, Katsuki.

Katsuki Bakugo (Kacchan)

I wish I didn't have to do this. I wish I could afford to be reckless but I can't. What Deku asked me for last night was... too much. He basically asked me to ruin his life. I can't do that to him. I can't hurt him.
"That's what you're doing now," said Toga's voice. Toga? I turn around and look everywhere but I can't find her. "Toga?!" I call. Then, someone opens the door and I turn to see none other than ...

Izuku Midoryia (Deku)

Kameko Bakugo? Kacchan's twin? I am still trying to comprehend what just happened. So Kacchan isn't pregnant? I feel hot tears roll down my cheeks but I don't have the physical or mental strength to wipe it away. I need help. I need advice. I need soothing. I need Kacchan. "KACCHAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Kameko Bakugo

"KACCHAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" The greenette falsely greeted. He hugs me and I tell him my true identity. He frowns but asks anyway if his Kacchan is alright and in return, I give him a small nod. He lets go of me and runs away, to a location unknown by me.

Katsuki Bakugo (Kacchan)

I heard her voice earlier but when I call her name now, she isn't anywhere to be found. I start walking even though I have no idea where I'm going and when my legs stop moving, I realize where I am, the graveyard. I kneel in front of Himiko Toga's beautifully decorated grave and whisper, "Toga." No response. Then, the wind blew my long hair around and I heard her whisper in my ear, "yes?" I was frightened yet calmed by her presence. I turned around and saw her looking at me. She looked just the same as she did all those years ago whereas I have changed so much with age. Her blonde hair was pulled up in messy twin buns on either side of her head and her golden eyes burned a hole straight into my core. I looked at her and I felt a pang of regret. I broke my promise. I told her I would love Izuku Midoryia for all of his long-lasting life and that I would keep him safe but I'm not doing that now. I still love him but I can't look at him without thinking about what he asked me to do which would be taking away his safety and I refuse to do that. I can't do that to him. I just can't. I won't.
"Katsuki," she called. My gaze met hers and I could feel the peace I saw in her eyes. She was calm, happy even. "How are you here?" I ask the blonde. She laughs and plops down in the grass beside me.
"That's not the right question, Katsuki. You should be asking why am I here."
"Why are you here then, Toga?" I ask.
"Well I'm here to tell you to not give up on Izuku-kun," she replied while lying down on the grass. I watched as it seemed to envelop her and with that, she was gone. Where have you gone now Toga?

Izuku Midoriya (Deku)

I love her. I need her. No you don't Izuku! You're stronger than that! No, I'm not! Yes you are!!! I want to be but I'm not. I'm not strong enough to be without Kacchan. Then become stronger. Okay. Okay. I think all of this while running wherever my scrawny legs are taking me. I let out a small gasp as my legs stop and I stand in front of the gates of the old graveyard. I see Kacchan and think about how I need to say goodbye, for good this time. *sigh* I slump up against the trunk of a leafless cherry blossom tree and plan out what to say.

Katsuki Bakugo (Kacchan)

I lay there for a while and think about what I'm going to say to him. *sigh* I love him but I don't expect him to still feel the same way anymore. He might have somehow loved me before but now, I'm a lost cause. I can't believe I did this to him! God why am I so stupid!!!!! Dang, it! My thoughts are interrupted by a nearby startled breath. I turn around and see...

Izuku Midoriya (Deku)

"Hello, Kacchan," I say in a villainous voice. I smirk. Kacchan's ruby eyes stare at me and it seems they are searching my soul. Those eyes send a shiver down my spine but I cover it up by stepping forward, now barely centimeters apart from the ash blonde, and holding her face in my hand. I get lost in her crimson eyes and it takes a while for me to find my way out but when I do, I remember what I have to do, say the last goodbye. "Kacchan you've messed up bad," I continue," and I did love you but I don't know if I can anymore. I have to go."
"So we'll take a break," the angel-like blonde suggested. I sighed. "No, Luv. I'm going for good this time. This is the last goodbye."

1364 words