13

Next morning Bailey opened the door for the party and they all looked at her confusingly, they weren't expecting to see her at all. "I'm moving in, just have to get used to it" Bailey said with smile and the party all looked back to El. 

"She didn't know either, just please hurry before they come" Bailey said and everyone went inside the house. She didn't try to sound mean, it just came out that way. She never really surprised anyone so she was serious about this.

-

They all hid behind the wall as El controlled Dustins toys.

Mike looked at El and nodded his head "now" Mike whispered and El stop the toys from moving. They walked around and snuck behind Dustin as he observed his toys.

Bailey put her hands up and counted to 3.

1

2

3

They all blew into the party blower.

Dustin screamed and turned around, he sprayed hair spray into Lucas' eyes making Bailey cover her mouth with her hand and the others step back.

-

"Call it the forever clock" Dustin said while Bailey stood there next to Will, Will stood next to Mike, while El wrapped her arms around Mike arm.

"All right..powered by wind, very useful in the apocalypse" Dustin said while handing his creation to Will and Bailey looked at it while pointing to the coco cola pedals.

"Then I give you the slammer" Dustin said and he clicked the button making the hammer move in a repeated motion "pretty neat huh?" He said and Bailey nodded.

"But this...this is my master piece" Dustin while putting his duffel bag down and he un-zipped it "I would like you to meet, cerebro" Dustin said and they were all looking at wires.

"What exactly are we looking at?" Mike asked "an unassembled one of a kind battery powered radio tower" Dustin said "so...it's a ham radio" Will said "the radio of cadillac of game radio, this baby carries crystal clear connection over vast distances I'm talking North Pole to south, I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and where ever I choose" Dustin explained "girlfriend?" They all asked surprised and Dustin smiled and nodded.

-
"Wait so her name is Suzie?" Mike asked "Suzie with an z, she's from Utah" Dustin explained while they followed him "girls go to science camp?" Will asked "Suzie does, she's a genius" Dustin said "is she cute?" Mike asked "think Phoebe Cates, only hotter" Dustin said and they headed out the door "what's going on?" Max asked while she helped Lucas clean the spray out his eyes.

"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend" Bailey said "girlfriend?" Max and Lucas said in unison and Bailey nodded with a wide smile.

-

The kids walked up the hill, and it felt like forever. The kids were hot and already wanted to go back home.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas panted as they still walked up the hill "cerebro works best at 100 meters" Dustin said making Bailey slightly groaned.

"You know I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones" Max said "yea but Suzie's Mormon" Dustin said "oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asked "oh, that's Amish" Max said "what are Mormons?" Bailey asked "super religious white people, they have electricity and cars but...since I'm not Mormon her parents would never approve it's all a bit...Shakespearean" Dustin said.

"Shakespearean?" Bailey asked "yeah, like Romeo and Juliet" Dustin said and looked back at the girl to still see her looking confused "star-crossed lovers" Dustin added and she nodded.

"Hey guys!" They heard a voice and turned back to see Mike and El "this is fun and all but, uh..." Mike started while pointing to his watch "I have to go home" El said "we're almost there" Dustin said "sorry man, curfew" Mike said and he told El to come. "good luck" El said "curfew at 4:00?" Dustin said in disbelief "they're lying" Lucas said "it's been like this all summer, and if it was curfew I would've left too" Bailey said "it's romantic" Max said "it's gross" Will said "It's bullshit" Dustin said.

"I just got home...well, their loss, right? onwards and upwards, Suzie awaits" Dustin said and they started walking up the hill again

Bailey turned to talk to Will to see that he was gone she quickly looked around and seeing him down where they first were.

She walked down near the boy and touched his shoulder snapping him out of thought. "You okay?" She asked and he looked at her "yea" he said while nodding and Bailey frowned "if your not okay you can tell me" she said and he nodded.

"Bailey, Will, come on!" Dustin yelled and they headed up the hill.

-

They got to the top of the hill and Dustin put his bag down.

"Made it" Dustin said "yea, only took 5 hours" Max said sarcastically "why couldn't we just play d&d?" Will asked and Bailey shrugged.

-

So they all started setting up the the cerebro it took a while but they successfully got it up.

"Pretty impressive, right?" Dustin asked "yeah" 5 said while looking up at it "now, you ready to me my love?" Dustin asked "okay, sure" Max said "yeah" Will said and Bailey nodded.

Dustin then switched on the radio channel. "Suzie, this is Dustin, do you copy? Over" Dustin said and they all waited "one sec, she's probably...she's still there...Suzie...this is Dustin do you copy? Over" Dustin said and they all looked at him.

"I'm sure she's there, it's just-" Dustin got cut off by Lucas "yea" Lucas said "you know maybe she's like busy or-" Max cut him off "Yea" she said.

"It's around dinner time" Dustin said "mmhmm" Max said "yep" Will said "suzie do you copy? This is Dustin, over" Dustin said once again.

-

The sun was now down. And they were still out while Dustin was still calling for Suzie. Max and Lucas laid and the grass by each other while Bailey and Will laid next to each other

"I'm done come on she's not there all right?" Max said snapping Bailey out of thought "she's there all right? she'll pick up" Dustin said "maybe cerebro doesn't work" Will said "or maybe Suzie doesn't exist" Lucas said "she exist" Dustin fought back "she's genius and she's hotter than phoebe cates? No girl is that perfect" Lucas said "is that so?" Max said while sitting up "I mean you're perfect...I mean, like, per-perfect, in your own way-in your special, your own special way" Lucas said nervously and Max chuckled "relax I'm teasing, I'm obviously perfect and dustins obviously lying" max said then got up.

"Come on Don Juan" Max said to Lucas while holding her hand out for him and he took it and got up "where are you guys going?" Dustin asked "home" Max replied and they walked down the the hill.

"Well looks like it's just me and you guys" Dustin said "um it's late, sorry, maybe tomorrow we can play d&d or something fun like we used to?" Will suggested "yeah, sure" Dustin said "welcome home" Will added and walked down the hill.

"Looks like it's just me and you, Bails" he said and she nodded "I guess so" she said with a smile then a thought hit Dustin.

"Wait, didn't your curfew pass like 3 hours ago?" He asked "no, I live with you now" she said and he laughed "ha. ha...I don't need a welcome home prank" he said and she shook her head "I'm not lying, I asked your mom yesterday and she said it was alright" Bailey said and Dustin's eyes widened "and Hopper wasn't mad?" He asked and she froze "wait- I never asked him, I'm so sorry Dustin, I have to go" said and he sighed.

She gave a long hug and pulled away. "I'll go check in with Hopper" she said and Dustin nodded. Dustin was Bailey's second favorite.

Her all time favorite was Will they got along well. They were both the quiet ones, they were shy and they just connected well. Bailey and Will grew close over the year.

He taught her how to read and speak better than before and he also taught her how to play d&d

They were best friends. And don't Bailey wrong. She loved Lucas and Max but they didn't deep talks all the time like she did with Dustin and Will.

edited