twenty-nine.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.
smooth, babe.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN SHIVERED AT THE COLD AIR AS HE SAT WITH HIS BOYFRIEND AND SISTER BY THE BLEACHERS. He was beginning to regret not wearing a hoodie or jumper to the ice rink, meaning he'll be freezing his ass off for hours until they all leave.

The redhead tied his skates, trying to hide his anxiousness. He was starting to think maybe the shaking wasn't all from the cold but nerves as well.

"You're shaking like a leaf." Stiles commented by his side, frowning slightly.

Adrian shrugged. "Yeah, I didn't really think of how cold it'll be, but it's fine." He waved it off, giving a small smile.

Stiles' face brightened up with an idea, digging through his schoolbag. He pulled out an orange jumper, holding it out to him. "Here."

Adrian looked around the ice rink, debating whether or not to wear it. The only people around where Lydia, Allison and Scott, and they were all preoccupied and didn't care anyway.

Before the Martin boy could take it however, his sister cut in with a shake of the head. "Uh, no. Adrian's wearing blue. Orange and blue, not a good combination."

"But it's the colour of the Mets." Stiles protested, looking offended by the strawberry blonde's comment. Adrian chuckled, knowing well enough of the boy's obsession with the baseball team. The teen himself had never understood the sport, but Stiles was pretty adamant on getting him into it.

Adrian took the jumper anyway, shrugging his sisters' advice off. "The jumper hides my top anyway." He shrugged on the article of clothing, inhaling the scent of Stiles. "See!"

Lydia didn't look impressed, shaking her head with her nose scrunched up. "Still doesn't make it any better."

Adrian's body slumped, giving his sister a look. "Shut up and go on the ice."

❚ ❚ ❚

"You can get on the ice fine by yourself, right?" Stiles questioned his boyfriend as he skated along, turning to face the boy by the entrance.

"You can get on the ice fine by yourself, right?" Adrian mocked in a high pitched voice, rolling his eyes. "Yes, I can do it myself." He grumbled.

The Martin boy took light steps in getting on the ice. One foot, then another. When both feet were planted on the ice . . . the redhead panicked and slipped, landing on his bum with a thump.