"wooyoung and his friends are not who you think they are, raina. even the closest to you are nothing what you expect them to be."

what does that mean?

"i don't understand. wooyoung?" i turned to wooyoung.

he didn't respond.

"if you want answers, come with me."

"and why should i trust you? you're my ex's friend. how can i possibly trust you?" i spat.

"i figured you'd say that. then he-" he pointed at wooyoung, "-and his friends will tell you everything tonight. if they don't tell you, they'll show you." changkyun got into his car and drove off.

finally, wooyoung moved a bit. his eyes shook as he looked at me, the smoke coming out from his mouth thickens. "get in the car. looks like our dinner will be postponed."

instead of fighting it, i obeyed.

i have never seen wooyoung looked so serious as he gripped on the steering wheel so tight his knuckles turned white. the ride was dead silent and it made me anxious since we're not speaking. everytime i want to say something, it won't come out. the aura wooyoung exudes was menacing and i didn't dare to push him or question him what's going on.

instead, i let whatever before me tell me what's going on.

[---]

san walked into the living room with a phone in his hand and hongjoong can sense something was up. "was it wooyoung? is he in trouble?"

san nodded. "he was but they're on their way. he said changkyun was there giving him a warning."

"how did he know where wooyoung was heading?" mingi asked.

"he didn't. otherwise, they would attack us long time ago. he was just following wooyoung to mess with us." seonghwa explained. "but to make matters worse, raina is with him. i think we already know what we should do."

"like what, dispose of her?" yunho frowned. "hyung, she's innocent."

"not dispose of her, yunho. we must tell her the truth."

the room went silent. hongjoong let out a long sigh as he stood up. "we have no choice. we have to tell her."

"master kim, master jung has arrived." their butler announced, followed after him was wooyoung stomping into the house. before anyone can ask what's wrong, he threw his jacket to the ground and shouted.

"damn it, that monsta x guys!"

"wooyoung, calm down." yeosang said.

"fuck off, yeosang," wooyoung glared. he walked to where hongjoong is. "hyung, he knows where we are. we have to move before he finds us. the whole gang will."

"if you calm down first. where's raina?"

"game room. i don't know what to do with her. after what changkyun did, it's too late to send her back."

"shit." mingi whispered.

meanwhile, raina was entertained by the house butlers. they keep offering her snacks and drinks, she had forgotten about her surroundings.

she was smothered in chocolate. "this is so good! where is this from?" she asked with puppy eyes, even the butlers were in awe watching her eat.

"this is from paris, miss park. it is one of the chocolates master choi bought when he went travelling."

"choi? choi san or choi jongho?"

"choi san, miss park." he didn't hesitate to answer.

"call me raina," she gave him an assuring pat on his arm before walking around the game room, mesmerized by varieties of games in one space. "whose house is this, again?"

"it is all masters' house, miss park. they shared one home since they were children." he showed her a picture of 8 kids forming into one huddle, their playful smiles can be shown. "they are more like brothers than friends, i would say."

"their parents must be rich, then."

"i-i wouldn't-"

"seowoo, you may be excused." hongjoong's voice boomed and the butler from earlier bowed before leaving the game room. soon after, 7 others were piled into the room looking serious. "long time no see, raina." his expression changed to a smile.

"raina~" yunho ran to the girl and hugged the life out of her. "it's so good to see you after 2 months!" he squished his cheek on hers.

"hyung, you're killing her. let the poor thing go." jongho smacked the older's back, making him pout and releasing her.

"i thought i saw god." raina exhaled.

"raina, i apologize for the inconvenience this evening. it was supposed to be our dinner together but wooyoung told us what happened. are you alright?" seonghwa asked concerned.

"it's not everyday your ex's gang comes by to scare the crap out of you so no i am not alright. wooyoung nearly drove straight to him!" she pointed at him.

"what did he say to you?" yunho asked.

"he said something about telling me everything or else he'll show me what it is," she recalled.

"and i'm guessing you know why you're here."

"of course. you invited me for dinner for the same reason; you were going to tell me you're part of a gang called ateez and you're rivals with my ex boyfriend's gang, monsta x."