《the truth》

i got into wooyoung's car as soon as he arrived and the first thing i did was smack his shoulder before he hugged me

           i got into wooyoung's car as soon as he arrived and the first thing i did was smack his shoulder before he hugged me. i would have been flustered by the gesture but i was pouting when he did.

"you blew me off everytime i ask to hang out but when you ask me out, i must say yes."

"i'm sorry, you big baby." he pinched my cheek which i slapped away. "i'll make it up to you. hongjoong asked you to join us for dinner; it's barbeque tonight."

i swear my mouth watered. "okay, you're forgiven. but i'm wearing fancy clothes, though. won't it be dirty?"

he started to drive and had one hand on the wheel, the other controlling the gear. "hongjoong's barbeque is high-class. just don't eat like a pig." he chuckled. the car made a loud roar as he sped down the road and i gripped on my knees. he must have noticed how tense i was and patted my hand that was on my knee. "we'll be fine, raina. you've never rode a sports car before?"

"no. an ex used a subaru so he never drove fast." i replied. i recalled when kihyun brought me on a date once. pursing my lips to forget the memory of him, i looked at my surroundings and it was just trees and street lights.

20 minutes on the road, wooyoung clicked his tongue and i looked up from my phone to see an annoyed expression on his face. he keeps looking at the review mirror.

"what's wrong?"

"there's this guy behind me driving close." he cussed quietly before he rolled down the window and motioned with his hand for the other driver to overtake him, which he did and drove off. "if he bumps into me, i'll beat the-"

"wooyoung, watch out!" i screamed.

wooyoung jumped at my sudden outburst and pressed on his brakes, tyres screeching.

"what is it?" he asked annoyed but my gaze was focusing on the figure that blocked our road. it was the car that overtake wooyoung before. the figure stood there, his hands in his pockets. i recognized him immediately.

"what is he doing here?" i whispered.

"this bastard." wooyoung stepped out and i snapped out of my thoughts, following suit. "yah! i nearly killed you! what the fuck are you doing in the middle of the road?"

"long time no see, raina. going on a date?" he asked, ignoring wooyoung shouting at him.

"c-changkyun," i stuttered. wooyoung looked at me. "what are you doing here? he could've killed you!"

"but he didn't," changkyun remained emotionless, his eyes on me only. "kihyun hyung sent me. he knew about your ties with wooyoung so he told me to deliver a message to you before it's too late."

i looked at wooyoung to look for answers but he was looking down, avoiding me. "what is going on?" i asked no one in particular but i was hoping the two of them would break the ice.