《 my name's raina 》

"rainaaa. i want something to eat; i'm hungry."

"if you finish your homework and clean up your mess in the living room, then i'll feed you, kid."

a groan left the child's lips as he remove himself from the counter to the living room. raina's lip formed into a smirk as she resumed wiping the dishes.

"i'm done!"

the boy's head poked into the kitchen. "can i eat now?"

"i still see your playstation laying on the floor."

"there's no playsta-- oh. maannn! i thought you wouldn't see that!"

"terry, i know you well enough that you're a messy organizer. you keep the playstation in the shelf below the television. your jenga blocks in the drawer and the remote control on the guest table, not on the couch."

"geez you know my house way better than me.. and i live here!"

she rolled her eyes. raina is a first year student of J University in seoul taking TESL. because she grew up in america for 6 years, she decided she love kids and teaching them about the language. because she loves children, she babysits in her hometown which was new orleans. her grandparents lived there so she often hangs out at bourbon street. that was where ncis was filmed and coincidentally she loved the show.

the boy she currently babysits right now is terry, a black kid aged 13.

"so, when are you going back to korea?" terry asked.

"in 3 days. my classes resume next monday." she joined him after their pizza arrived.

"i like you better. i mean, my mom nags all the time but you're okay."

"you're saying that because i treat you everytime you finish your homework. your mom sends you to your room right after." she laughed.

"damn right. i wish you didn't have to go."

"i'll come back."

"you know, my friends brought you up the other day. they said you were hot but you are too damn skinny. are all koreans like that?" terry eyed her.

all she did was punch him and he flinched back. "alright, geez. your punch says otherwise."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

raina packed her stuff after terry's mother got home and she, as always, thanked the girl.

"did that boy bother you again?"

"no, ma'am. he's being his usual teenage self. forgive him." she smiled.

"i swear he inherited that naughty attitude from his father. if he ever annoys the hell out of you, i'll whoop his ass." that crack her up and terry's mother held her hand. "i'm gonna miss you, honey. you better behave yourself in school now. remember, if you need someone to talk to, i'm one call away. choose your friends wisely, get yourself a boyfriend and please don't throw a tantrum when some twiggy call you names. promise?"

"yes, i promise." raina couldn't help but smile with tears in her eyes. although it was a short 1 month break, she had the best time of her life in new orleans. she loved visiting home but J University was her ticket to success in life. it was one of the best universities in korea and she was the only member of the family who studies in korea.

walking through bourbon street, she was greeted by jazz players and shop owners who were familiar with her. she was greeted by smiles everyday as she walked by. so in her nature, she came off as friendly during high school. her habit was to smile and wave to her new classmates in korea but she soon realized how different it was and so she had to adjust.

after the incident, raina was heartbroken it felt like her heart was taken from her. unlike any damsel in distress, her american side kicked in and she had revenge on her ex lover, kihyun.

she got home and heard voices from the dining room. sighing, she walked into the room and was greeted by her neighbours and her parents.

"hey, darling." her mom greeted.

"hi, eomma."

"how was babysitting?" her dad asked this time.

"good. terry was being annoying."

"that boy is just like his older siblings. thank goodness they're in the military," mrs. berry commented. she is a white lady in her 50s. "i babysat his brothers and they were wild! one time, they tried to start their dad's harley davidson and i almost got yelled at for neglecting them."

"but terry is a smart boy."

"damn right he is," another lady, mrs louis, said tipping her mug. "he won that competition once. what's it called--"

"it was a debating test." raina finished it for her.

"that's it!" she clicked her fingers.

after feeling like the adults were into their conversation, raina jogged up to her room to finish packing her stuff before her flight to korea. she looked around her bedroom and sighed, missing the feeling of her room already. usually when raina's family are out of the country, mrs berry would check on the house once a week to make sure it was spotless and nothing was stolen.

after reminiscing the old memories, she continues to pack her stuff until midnight strikes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lowercase intended. if you're not comfortable,

please do not proceed.