five.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 three seconds away from grabbing one of the cushions off of the sofa and beating Austin's face up with it

The friendly-ish vibe that Austin and I had going on between us had immediately been thrown out the window when we started bickering back and forth about whether or not I messed up a chunk of my lines, which he had ever so nicely pointed out in the middle of the rehearsing the scene.

I wasn't going to tell him that I actually did realise that I got my lines jumbled up after he made me look back at the script. Because I knew that if I went to admit it, he would go on to say 'I told you so' and rub it in my face that I was wrong, making me look like a dumb idiot.

But hey, what was new?

"As much as I love having this argument with you, I'd rather go back to rehearsing, " I asked, emphasizing the word 'love' sarcastically. "Do you think we can do that?"

Austin rolled his eyes and started to head back to the sofa, muttering "When you start doing your lines in the right order, yeah, I think we can, " Under his breath.

Don't grab the cushion, Tabitha. Don't grab the cushion. It didn't deserve that kind of suffering.

I glared at the back of his head from where I stood by the window. The deep red sunset had finished a while ago and it was now dark outside. The only visible light out there came from the big, bright moon and the vast scatter of tiny stars that decorated and lit up the night sky.

"I'm gonna grab some water, " I told him, needing to take a few seconds to calm down and get away from him. Before I passed the sofa, I stopped and looked at him, remembering my manners. "Would you like some?"

"Sure. Thanks, " He confirmed and I didn't waste a second in leaving the living room.

I entered the kitchen, grabbed two glass cups from the cupboard and filled them up with cold water from the fridge's dispenser. I held back from being an ass and spitting in his drink, and instead, I ever so generously put a couple of chunky ice cubes in it so that the water was too cold to drink without getting a brain freeze.

Hospitality at its damn finest.

I brought the drinks with me back to the living room and set Austin's one down on the coffee table's coaster, earning a small thank you from him. He reached for it and took a sip, no reaction or anything from the intense chill of the water as he swallowed it down.

I hope he chokes on it.

I grabbed my script off the coffee table and gave my lines a quick run-through in my head so Austin and I wouldn't go on to have the same argument if I messed them up again. I chucked the papers back on the coffee table once I finished reading and looked at Austin who was still, by the way, sipping at his water unaffectedly like the trooper he was.