seven.

𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄-luke hemmings.

(the day of the breakup)

"𝐒𝐎, what do you think? I love the cashmere but I can't decide between the two."

Kelsey was leant into my side as we sat on the sofa of my dressing room, she was holding her phone between the two of us, showing me two expensive choices of a vest she wanted to buy.

I wasn't focused on what she was saying to me, as my mind was heavily buzzing with negative thoughts of what could go wrong today on set. I was four minutes away from going out there, dressed in my pink suit with my hair styled to perfection, and all Kelsey could talk about whilst I drowned in my obsessive thoughts was what she wanted to purchase.

"Maybe I should just buy both," She uttered mostly to herself than me.

Maybe Kelsey was right. Did I really not look like Elvis? All this preparation leading up to this moment could all be for nothing and I'd go out there and just embarrass myself. Let Baz and everyone down with my unpersuasive performance.

Baz could have just cast an actual look-alike. At least he'd know what to do, and look like him, too.

"Austin?"

"Hmm?" I pulled my eyes away from burning at my reflection in the mirror that was facing us and down to look at Kelsey who was nestled into my side, her head tilted up to peek at me.

"Stop shaking your leg," She urged.

"Sorry," Now at the knowledge of the movement I was unconsciously doing, my leg's bouncing came to a halting stop. "Just nervous, is all."

"You'll be fine," Kelsey told me, her head lowering back down to its original position to look at her phone again. "No need to stress."

I swore, that was her first words of encouragement since I told her about how this was my first scene being filmed a couple of days ago. And, gee, that just fixed everything.

"I saw it," Tabitha's words from this morning as she defended me repeated in my mind. "Especially during rehearsals yesterday. Austin acted just like him. It felt like Elvis was really in front of me."

It baffled me how someone I had conflict with could support me and uplift me that much and way compared to my own girlfriend.

I pulled my arm out from underneath Kelsey, desperately wanting to be anywhere but with her to calm myself down.

She brought her head back up to look at me due to my sudden shift. "Where are you going?" She asked, a small frown playing on her face.

"I need to go," I told her, pushing myself to stand up. "They're needing me on set now."

"Wait-wait! Just look at this real quick," She urged her phone to my face with an expectant look in her light brown eyes. She was still indecisive between the two pieces of clothing and that's all she could babble about, even as I went to leave to go do my first ever scene.