Chapter 2

"Annie?" Cathy asked as she pushed Anne's bedroom door open. She found Anne sitting at her desk, drawing some more to a piece she had been working on for weeks, but she has never let anyone see it.

"Oh, hi Cathy," Anne said, shutting her sketchbook, her voice heavy with sorrow.

"Oh Anne," Empathically, Cathy went to sit next to her. "Look Anne," She took the woman's hands, "What Catherine said, was way out of order, and she can't do that anyway," Cathy explained, but being careful not to mention Jane, as she was in the room next door.

"She probably can," Anne turned back into the state she was five minutes ago.

Jane looked up from her book. The sound of Anne's muffled cries worried the blond queen so she placed her book down and gently unlatched Anne's door before entering.

"Anne, what's happened?" Jane spoke addressing Anne, but looking at Cathy for a answer.

"Umm, Aragon, said some stuff," Cathy admitted, trying to work out the best way to avoid telling Jane what was actually said.

Jane moved from the centre of the room closer to Anne's bed. She sat down, her heart breaking at how upset the younger queen was.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Jane's soft whisper helped Anne start to feel slightly better in it's self. Whenever she heard Jane's kind tone, she felt safe, like nothing could ever harm her.

'Yeah,' Anne's thoughts answered, 'Yeah, tell me you love me and be my girlfriend,'. Of course she didn't have the courage to say anything out loud. So she just looked down in shame and shook her head.

"Okay." Jane kept her soft tone, "I don't know what's been said, and I'm not going to push you to tell me. But do you want me to go and sort Aragon out?" She lent closer to Anne, in a attempt to comfort the green queen.

Remaining looking down, Anne nodded.

Once Jane had left, Anne looked up at Cathy.

"I need her Cathy," Anne almost pleaded, her mind going back to just over a year ago.