The Possession

{15}

Maya's POV

"They call me Darkness."

Darkness? 

My eyes widened in horror, as I became increasingly confused. "No way..."

Aiden and my mum looked distressed by the situation, but too shocked. I had been told that my mother had killed him using her light gene, along with his demon father. 

I slowly made my way towards my mother, keeping a close eye on my mate's figure. "You said he died, you killed him." I said lowly, not understanding the situation. "Didn't you?" 

"We thought she did." Aiden said curtly, looking on edge. "We were almost sure he was dead, just like his father." 

Almost, huh?

A bitter cackle erupted from Lucio's body, a surge of anger had come over me. Seeing Lucio's body used as a host for this demon had my blood boiling, but I didn't know how to deal with the situation. 

Not yet, anyway. 

"Oh my father is never coming back, I can assure you." He spat out, before sighing heavily. "Elisia had banished him to the oblivion. Unfortunately, I'll never see the old man again. Oh well..."

But why is he alive?

As though he had heard my thoughts, he grinned widely before saying, "You're all wondering why I'm alive, aren't you? Although, I have an inkling that Elisia knows." 

The blood-red eyes traveled to Aiden and rested upon him. "As well as the former rogue, the betrayer of The Rogue Force."

Aiden was glaring, looking the most hostile he's ever looked. 

She let out a low growl, her grey eyes glaring at my mate's face. It was clear she also didn't know how to handle the demon inside my mate's body. 

"Can't you exorcise it, like usual?" I mind-linked her.

"I would have if I wasn't so cautious about what he would do to Lucio's body." She responded warily.

"But you've exorcised other demons before, ones that were strong enough to control other beings." I countered, frustration lacing my words. "Why-."

"Maya, this one is different." She cut me off sternly. "I can feel how worried you are but think logically. You can feel the different aura this demon is emitting." 

She was right, of course.

"I am being overly cautious for a reason." She reassured me.

Perhaps my anxiety was derived from the fact that my body was screaming to run. That feeling that was completely foreign to me. The aura and feel of this demon were suffocatingly sinister and malicious, it was engulfing us all in its vile scent. 

My mother, Aiden and I stood frozen, staring at Lucio with worry. How was he feeling? 

He began to move casually, showing no indication of attacking. "How do you kill a werewolf?"

We stayed quiet, wondering why he was asking such a dumb rhetorical question. 

"Silver." He said simply, answering his question. "If enough silver is exposed to the bloodstream of a werewolf, they die." 

He forgot about wolfsbane. 

He faltered in his steps, sticking a finger up. "I can't forget about wolfsbane. A large portion of that poison would kill one too."