"Yes, master."

Meng Yao chuckles, "I know you are not capable of lying to me anymore."

Meng Yao pauses before continuing, "Do you think that I am being hard on you by asking you to kill your people?"

"No master, you had no choice. I am the only one who knows every passage and every gate in and out of Jade palace."

"Good boy... One last thing, do you love Shin?"

"No, Master, she was my best friend."

"What about me?" Meng Yao asks.

"You are my Savior and master."

"XiChen, am I not like her?"

"No, you are not master. Shin is innocent, pure, and naive."

Once again, anger flashes across Meng Yao's face; he turns away from XiChen. "Take care of this mess, and go to Jade Palace. Kill everyone."

XiChen bows and leaves.

"Guard, bring my dinner to my chamber." Meng Yao orders, and moments later, the guard drags a half-conscious man dressed in rags into Meng Yao's chamber.

A few minutes later, Shin enters her brother's room and gasps at the scene in front of her.

"Brother, what are you doing to that man!?" Shin demands, color draining from her face.

Meng Yao flings the man he was feeding from aside and turns to face Shin, blood dripping from his mouth.

"Sister, don't worry, everything is as it should be." Meng Yao reassures, advancing towards Shin.

Shin steps back. "Don't come any closer!"

Meng Yao stops.

"Tell me, brother, what did you do to XiChen?" Shin asks with tears in her eyes.

Meng Yao remains silent.

"He won't even look at me." She pauses, "Why are our soldiers marching to Jade palace with weapons? Did you order it?" Shin enquires; Meng Yao looks away.

"It IS you!... Why? You said that you becoming this thing will not change anything. That we will live like before." Shin asks.

Meng Yao catches her wrist, "Sister, it had to be done." and pulls her close, "Sister, look into my eyes."

*Jade Palace*

There are corpses littered everywhere. The once green magnificent structure now tainted with blood.

Xiao DeLun, the King of Jade kingdom, fights single-handedly with five soldiers dressed in red. His multiple wounds, a testimony of his courage.

A short distance away lies a boy stabbed through his chest. His top garments slashed, a lotus mark visible, but glowing fainter by the second.

"Son... Please, son. Hold on. Father will take care of you." the king yells, slashing through the soldiers one by one.

The boy whispers, "Sorry, father. I was useless." and breathes his last. The lotus mark stops glowing and disappears from his chest.

The king doesn't hear it. He hopes to save his son.

'I will save at least one of them.' He thinks as a blade pierces his chest, and he falls to the ground; he breaths his last as well.

As the main gate falls, the soldiers enter the inner chambers. They were ordered not to leave anyone alive, and that is what they intend to do.

XiChen leads the way, only to find the inner chambers empty. He checks all the entries and exits to and from the palace. When he is satisfied that there is no one left alive in the palace, he decides to return to his master.

"Burn it to the ground. I don't even want their corpses to survive." He orders, before mounting his horse and riding towards Quin.

*Quin Kingdom*

*Meng Yao's chamber*

XiChen enters Meng Yao's chamber without knocking and finds Shin in Meng Yao's arms.

"Master!" He exclaims.

Meng Yao looks up. His eyes are red. He smirks, "XiChen, I am making her like me. She will be my first. She loves you, but you don't love her. She is your friend and my sister. This way, we will always be together. We will be a team forever."

XiChen falls to his knees, "Yes, master. I am thankful for your kindness." He looks to the floor as Meng Yao drinks from his sister and marks her.

Meng Yao misses the tears in XiChen's eyes.

After he has marked her, Meng Yao puts Shin down, "Is everyone dead?"

XiChen nods.

"The Royal family?" Meng Yao asks to confirm.

"I saw their bodies, and so did the soldiers. Then I ordered the palace to be burnt to the ground." XiChen answers confidently.

Meng Yao holds XiChen's collar and lifts him, "What!? I had not asked you to do that!"

XiChen's voice trembles, "Master, that was the only way to ensure..."

Meng Yao sighs, "I know, I am sorry." he let's go of XiChen's collar and cups his face, "I can never hurt you. I love you."

He brings their lips together and kisses XiChen lightly before pressing himself closer and deepening the kiss.

But almost immediately, he winces and lets go of XiChen, and steps away from him.

"Master!" XiChen tries to go closer, but Meng Yao stops him.

"I guess I truly do love you. You are the only one I want, but you are the only one I can't have. I guess this is the price that I had to pay for immortality." Meng Yao smiles, massaging his chest.

XiChen doesn't understand why Meng Yao had not claimed him. But he knows that for some reason, Meng Yao couldn't have him.

{Note:- Word count 1463

Please Vote to show your support for this update if you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading.

Have a nice day.}