Part 3 :- Till 'Death' do us Part

{Note:- Mature content. Readers discretion advised. I will mark it with A/N at the beginning and end for those who want to skip it.}

Past

*Hundred Years since YiJun lost his Xian.*

*Quin Kingdom*

Meng Yao sits next to Shin's body. It has withered. The wounds on her neck are open once again, "Sister, why are you not waking up?"

Over the past century, Meng Yao had done everything in his power to fix Shin. But her body continued to wither away. The wounds on her neck kept opening up every few days. 

Every time Meng Yao had fed her his blood, she had healed, but in a few days, her wounds opened again. 

Every time the wounds would open, she would scream in agony once, and then once again become unresponsive. 

Shin was his first, the first human he had successfully turned. She was precious to Meng Yao, like a daughter. And looking at her in this state broke his heart.

"XiChen, I can't watch her wither away like this. Ready a coffin. We will leave after dusk." He pauses and looks at Shin, "I will fix you somehow."

XiChen nods and leaves to prepare for the journey.

*Somewhere near the outskirts of Wang Kingdom*

Shen returns to the room they had rented for their stay, "YiJun, Xian's home still stands. But it's not liveable." 

After a hundred years of roaming like vagabonds, YiJun had asked to return to Wang Kingdom; Shen had obliged. 

YiJun had learned self-control as well, and was perfectly capable of handling himself around humans. He had continued to read and was now working as a physician. It was a convenient cover, since no one asked him about Xian, even if they spotted him. 

YiJun had wanted to live in their old cottage, but time had not been kind to it, and it had fallen apart.

That night YiJun decides to visit the place he had shared so long ago with his Xian. But just before reaching there, he smells something familiar. 'Xian.'

His heart starts to pound. He hopes and prays for the scent to belong to Xian this time round. 

After following the scent, he comes across a boy of barely five, in front of their cottage. The boy is aimlessly roaming around.

YiJun slowly approaches the boy, "Hello."

The small boy turns to face him; he is crying. YiJun crouches down in front of the boy and wipes his tears, "Are you lost?"

"Mn." The boy nods and hugs YiJun.

This close, YiJun can smell the boy properly. The boy's scent is similar, but not the same; it is not his Xian, YiJun realizes. He carefully looks at the boy's face. 'So much like Xian... But not Xian.'

He wants to cry, but he holds his tears in; he doesn't want to scare the child. "What is your name?" He asks softly.

A pair of eyes watch as the immortal and the child converse with each other. Even the immortal's keen sense of smell can't recognize the scent.

"Jiang Fengmian." The boy answers. He grabs YiJun's sleeve, "Young master, please help me." The child pleads.

YiJun nods and smiles. He cups the child's face in his hands, "Such a nice name, Fengmian, Look into my eyes..."

Present 

"Kiss me!"

Wangji brings their lips together in a soft, gentle kiss. Before licking Xian's neck.