Life & Death

Past

"I choose his life." YiJun finally says, falling to his knees. 

"No... " Xiao Xian whispers under his breath.

The princess smiles, feeling satisfied. She had expected as much. 

"Guards, confine him to this room. See that he doesn't try to escape." The princess orders, pointing at Xiao Xian.

YiJun's head snaps up at that. 

"Why does he have to stay? I have already agreed to end our relationship. What will you achieve by confining him here?"

"Darling, he needs to stay here as a collateral for your obedience." The princess walks over to Xiao Xian.

"Guards, take the Prince away and get him ready for the ceremony."

"Jun, you shouldn't have agreed." Xiao Xian whispers, as tears make their way down his face.

The guards pull YiJun away.

When only the two of them and the guards restraining Xian are left, the princess walks closer to Xian and slaps him hard. 

She draws blood. 

For a woman, she is unusually strong. 

Xian winces. 

The princess licks her lips at the sight of blood that drips down from the side of Xian's mouth. 

"I have to admit, YiJun has good taste...Mmmm." She hums, moving closer to Xian's exposed neck and breathing him in.

"You disgust me!" Xian bites out, turning his face away.

"Maybe when I am bored with your lover, I will make you fuck me. Hm?" She smirks. 

"He will never touch you," Xian says confidently. 

"We will know in a few hours, wouldn't we?" the princess challenges, turning away. 

"Guards, make sure he doesn't leave."

With that, the princess walks out of the room.

Somewhere a few floors lower, in an almost dark room, YiJun is left bound to a chair. 

'The grainary.' YiJun realizes, as a familiar scent of raw grains and pulses hits him.

The princess enters, and YiJun slowly lifts his head to look at her.

"Do you know how old I am, Prince?" she asks, walking closer.

YiJun doesn't answer.

"Awww. Don't be like that. We have to spend an eternity together. You sulking like that will not do." She teases. 

YiJun had planned to kill himself when he had thought that agreeing to the princess's wishes would make her let Xian go, but he had not anticipated her wickedness. And now, he knew that his one wrong move could cost Xian his life. So he remains still and quiet.

"I am well over a hundred, Prince. But I don't look a day over eighteen. Do I?" She says, caressing YiJun's cheek.

YiJun flinches at the cold touch. 

 'Over a hundred? That's impossible. Maybe she uses witchcraft, or maybe, the woman has gone mad because of jealousy, and has lost her mind.' YiJun thinks, continuing to remain quiet.

"Oh, I see. You don't believe me." She sighs. 

 "Guard, bring him in." She orders a uniformed man standing guard at the door.