Part 5 :- Till 'Death' do us Part

{Note 1:- Mild violent content. I will mark it with A/N at the start and end.} 

Past

*About two hundred years since YiJun had started waiting for His Xian to return*

A war had broken out: the East India Company had attacked China. It was being called The Opium war. 

YiJun and Shen had fought for a year; none had used their powers. It wouldn't have been fair.

Initially, they had decided to stay away. The war was not their concern. However, when the village, that had sheltered them was attacked, Shen and YiJun had fought to protect it. 

Then when the smell of blood and rotting flesh had become too much for YiJun to handle, they had retreated. 

YiJun had decided to help save lives instead. 

Having studied medicine over the years, he had become a proficient physician. 

It was on one such night when he was helping the wounded that once again, a familiar scent distracted him.

Keeping his hope low, for he did not want to get disappointed, he looks around.

Shortly after, a man, who is bleeding profoundly, is brought inside the medical camp. The men put the bleeding man in a corner and leave.

YiJun walks over to him. The man looks at YiJun and smiles, "You can't help me, doctor. My time has come."

YiJun crouches next to the man; with a wet cloth, he wipes blood and grime off his face. 

YiJun's heart starts racing. The young man in front of him looks exactly like His Xian. The immortal slices his wrist and holds it to the young man's mouth, "Drink it." He commands. 

The young man coughs up blood and turns his face away. "What are you doing?" he asks, sounding utterly disgusted. 

YiJun turns the young man's face towards himself gently, "What is your name?" He enquires. 

The young man doesn't make eye contact with YiJun, but answers anyway, "Xiao Xian."

YiJun's eyes widen. But before he can do anything, the young man coughs up blood again and falls unconscious.

YiJun panics. He picks up the wounded unconscious man in his arms and runs away from the battle zone. He doesn't even realize that he is being watched and followed.

YiJun carries the man to a decent looking home and knocks. Shen opens the door, and his eyes widen in shock. YiJun brings the man inside and puts him on a bed, "Uncle, it's him. It's Xian. Even his name is the same."

Shen puts his hand in YiJun's shoulder, "What about everything else?"

YiJun's face falls. He ignores Shen and gets busy cleaning the man's face. He slits his wrist again and lets a few drops of his blood fall into the man's mouth.

Within a few seconds, his wounds heal, and he opens his eyes slowly.

YiJun smiles, "Do you remember me?" He asks hopefully, and the man, Xian, blinks, nodding his head.

YiJun is about to hug the man, but Shen stops him, "Wait." He looks at the soldier, "Who is this man?" he asks, pointing at YiJun.

"He is the doctor from our medical base." The soldier looks around and tries to sit up. YiJun tries to help him, but he recoils from the immortal's touch, "Stay away. There is something wrong with you. Just don't come near me!"

YiJun's eyes fill with tears, he blinks and tears make their way down his face; the soldier gets off the bed and stands as far away from YiJun as possible, "You are a monster!" He looks around the room, and his eyes fall on Xian's unmoving form. The soldier panics, "You killed him! Did you bring me here to kill me?"