Chapter 9

I smiled at my appearance in the mirror, I don't want to brag but I did look quite pretty. I made sure everything was perfect and turned around to find Millie and Daphne gasping at me.
"Merlin Becca! You look amazing!" Daphne said
I blushed at the kind compliment and smiled at the girl.
"Daphne you look amazing too! I mean, look at that dress!" I admired the girl's sliver gown, which suited her perfectly. I turned to look at Millie who was still in her dressing gown.
"Millie! Go get ready! We don't want to be late" I said, trying to speed the girl up. She sighed and made her way towards the bathroom.
"So... Daphne, who's you're date?!" I said curiously.
"Oh well... Theo asked me" she said shyly. I jumped up and squealed. Millie walked back into the room and we both gasped, she was wearing a black gown with green and sliver embellishments. She laughed and told us we needed to leave now. I glanced one final time at the mirror to admire my dress, it complimented by figure well and I loved the colour.

I started slowly waking down the stairs and looked down at the crowd who were staring at me on awe, but I could only keep my eyes on one person

I started slowly waking down the stairs and looked down at the crowd who were staring at me on awe, but I could only keep my eyes on one person. Draco. My boyfriend was gawking at me and greeted me at the bottom of the stairs.
"Wow, Becca. I'm at loss for words" he smiled at me
"Thank you Dray, you look very handsome" I placed me hands on his chest and kissed his cheek.
"Champions! Line up here to enter the hall, where you will lead the first dance!" Professor Mgonagall instructed us. Draco held out his arm for me to take which I gladly accepted, we started walking in a line towards the hall. We led they first dance with ease, Draco was guiding me through the dance and I followed whilst smiling up at him. Once the dance ended we found a table to sit and take a break.
"That dress is beautiful, but it would look much better on my bedroom floor" he smiled and winked flirtatiously at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"How old are we?" I asked, trying to prove a point
"14" he sighed
"What's the legal age?" I asked again
"16" he said sadly
"Well in 2 more years I'm all yours" I said confidently, he smiled and laughed, trying to mask his disappointment. We continued to talk for a few hours, with random people joining us but never for long. A slow romantic song started to play.
"Rebecca Thornstone, may I have this dance?" Draco asked in a very courteous manner.
"You may, Draco Malfoy" I replied. We made our way up to the dance floor and got into position. I placed my hands on his shoulders and his arms held my waist, we rocked back and forth to the beat of the music.
"Your so beautiful" Draco whispered
"I know" I said rather cheekily
"So humble" he rolled his eyes and I laughed.
"How did I get so lucky" he said, smiling at me
"Liquid Luck?" I said in a jokey voice, he laughed and pressed his forehead against mine. He connected our lips and disconnected almost instantly. I frowned at the quick departure and he laughed at my immaturity.
"Seriously though Becca, every time I look at you I think 'How could I be so lucky to get the girl I fancied for years'" he said
"Fancied for years?! That would've been nice to know before I thought I had mucked up our friendship by kissing you!" I laughed
"Well it all worked out didn't it? And hey! Remember! New story!" He reminded me
"Oh yeah! You thought you had mucked up our friendship by kissing me" I corrected myself while laughing at the boy. He pulled me up close against his chest and I wrapped my arms round his neck, he leaned down and kissed me passionately. After a few seconds he broke the kiss and asked if I wanted to get some fresh air. I smiled up at him and nodded.

We walked outside to the courtyard, he held me close and I hugged his side because it was cold outside. We stopped in the middle of the courtyard and faced each other, laughed as the snow fell down and got caught on our eyelashes.
"Are you excited for tomorrow?" He said referring to the final challenge to be held tomorrow.
"More scared that excited" I replied, looking down. He lifted my chin to look at him.
"Your Rebecca Thornstone. Master of Potions. Shapeshifter. Greatest Witch of her time. Daughter of the powerful Alexander Thornstone. You have nothing to be worried about" he said trying to give me some confidence. I smiled gratefully at his attempt but something feels wrong.
"I don't know Dray... I just have a bad feeling about tomorrow, my name was put into the cup for a reason, and I think it's a bad one" I said.
He kissed my forehead and hugged me to try and ease some of my nerves, I became so relaxed by his presence that I started to hum a lullaby my mother had sung to me when I was a child. I miss her so much. Draco noticed my sadness and hugged tighter me to try and cheer me up.
"I started fancying you after hearing you sing this song" he whispered into my ear
"Dray... I've never sang this song to you" I said confusingly
"The day your mother died, you stayed up past curfew and sat by the fire crying and singing this song. I came downstairs because I couldn't sleep and I saw you crying, I didn't want to disturb you but I was so mesmerised by your singing I watched" he said, sounding kind of guilty. I stepped back but still holding onto him, I looked up at the boy, with tears in my eyes, remembering that day.

May it be an evening star shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
O how far you are from home
Mornië utúlië
Believe and you will find your way
Morinë alantië
A promise lives within you now