Chapter 7

I ran around the school like a headless chicken looking for him. Where could he be? Every now and again I would call his name but always got no response. I asked every person I met in the corridor.
"Have you seen Draco anywhere?"
But I always got the same answer, a shrug and an odd look. The challenge was nearly about to begin! I guess he just won't be there.
"Miss Thornstone, I need to escort you to the 2nd challenge" spoke the monotone voice of Professor Snape. I simply nodded and followed him to the black lake. I was worried about Draco, normally he'd be by my side, supporting me. But alas, it's just me and good ol' Severus.
"Professor, have you seen Draco?" I asked the tall, blank faced man.
"I don't believe I have" he replied, I sighed and continued to worry.

I stood on my section of the deck and looked around the stadium for Draco, but I still couldn't find him. Harry noticed me looking and said
"Can't fine Draco? I can't find Ron either. Maybe they've been invited to a party and we haven't" he chuckled at his own joke, knowing fine well that they would not go to a party together. I let out an airy laugh and gave a gentle smile towards the boy.
Dumbledore said his speech and the signal was fired telling us the challenge has begun. I dove into the water as my human self but quickly shapeshifted into a mermaid. I know I promised Draco I wouldn't but hey, if he can't show up to my challenges, I won't keep my promises. I swam up to the surface and leap out and back into the water, to show the crowd my new form. I heard an immense amount of applause and cheers. I swam deeper into the black lake and tried to find this hidden treasure of mine, What could it be? How would I know it was mine and not one of the other champions? Surely I'd figure out, I thought. I turned around at looked at my surroundings, I had no idea what I was looking for or where I was going. I started to swim around aimlessly again when I was propelled backwards by some shark looking creature. I hit something behind me and quickly turned around and was met by the handsome features of my boyfriend, Draco. I reached up and caressed his pale cheek and tried to wake him up but he must've been under some kind of enchantment. I looked at his feet and noticed he was tied up so I swam down and cut the rope with my sharp fins. He started floating up and I swam towards him and pulled him up faster. We emerged from the water and he opened his eyes and caught his breath, he looked at me strangely and I just laughed and hugged him.
"C'mon lets get to shore" I said sweetly. I gently pulled us to shore and once we got to the deck, pushed Draco up onto the platform and pushed myself up too. I was still in my mermaid form and just sat there catching my breath.
"You said you weren't going to shapeshift?!" Draco said rather sternly.
"Or thank you Becca for saving my life works too" I laughed at the boy's serious expression.
"Becca but Madame Pomfrey sai-" I cut him off
"I don't care what Madame Pomfrey said! It was a matter of both our lives, I wasn't going to risk the bubble charm not working" I said seriously this time.
"You didn't know I was your treasure" he said rather quietly.
"Yeah well when you didn't show up to cheer me on I got a funny feeling, you wouldn't ditch me like that" I said while smiling at the boy. He smiled back and pulled a towel over our shivering bodies as we waited for the other champions to emerge.
After the results were announced, I came second place but was knocked down to third due to Harry's heroic behaviour. Draco and I headed back to the common room to warm up by the fire. We made a nest out of various blankets and pillows on the floor directly in front of the fire. We wore the cosiest clothes we could find and were cuddled up on the floor trying to keep each other warm.
"Thank you for saving me Becca" Draco said while tucking a piece of damp hair that had fallen out of my ponytail behind my ear.
"It was my pleasure Dray" I looked at the beautiful green fire crackling away.
"Dray?" He questioned. I felt my cheeks turn red and I glanced at him slightly embarrassed at my attempt to give him a nickname.
"Well I just thought cause you call me Becca I'd give you a nickname" I paused
"But if you don't like it I'll just call you Draco" I said rather quickly. I was looking at the fire trying to forget the embarrassing moment that just happened.
"I don't mind it" he said calmly whilst I looked at him with complete shock in my eyes.
"But only you can call me that" he said assertively, I smiled and leaned down and planted a short peck on his lips
"It's a deal... Dray" I laughed at his goofy expression before he pulled me down so I was next to him. He pulled my face to meet his and he pressed our lips together, I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran his damp, blonde hair through my fingers. One of his hands was placed firmly on my waist and the other was holding my jaw. I broke the kiss and pulled him up so we were sitting upright, I placed my hands on his shoulders and moved so I was straddling him. I started kissing his neck but eventually made my way back to his lips, I let my hands roam around his shoulders, biceps, neck and chest. I could feel Draco was getting a little bit too excited and was about to stop it before it got out of hand when I was hit on the back of the head by what felt like a pillow. This caused a chain reaction and my head hit Draco's, now he was lying on the floor with me on top of him. I was about to turn round to see what cause the commotion when I heard
"Don't be too loud Becca, I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night to 'Oh! Yes! Draco! Fuck me Draco! Faster! Harder! I'm going to cu-'"
"That's enough of that rather descriptive image" I cut off Blaise, Draco's best friend and one of my close friends too. I looked over to Draco who was smirking at my embarrassment, I shook my head, laughed at him and buried my face in the crook of his neck. I kissed his cheek and got up from our nest and walked towards the girls dormitory, but before I left I stopped in front of Blaise and hit him over the head, then continued to walk away.
"Oi! What was that for Thornstone" he shouted, I responded by turning round and saying
"Now now Zabini, don't be too loud, we don't want the entirety of the Slytherin House to be woken up to 'Ow! What the fuck Becca! Why d'you slap me?!'" I said that in a mockingly deep voice. I laughed at his and Draco's reactions and smiled and Draco.
"Night Dray" I said sweetly. He propped himself up on his elbows and smiled back
"Sweet Dreams Love"