Chapter Twelve!

damn, it's been way to long since I've updated so I apologize, however here is chapter 12!

8:00 am was when my alarm went off waking me from my slumber, alerting be to get up for your first day of your new job.

I slowly get out of bed turning off that dreaded alarm then stretching. this was an important day and yet I felt so uneasy about it. I felt that I was lying or being a bad person to Natsu.

this job was very important to me and I needed it.

'Lucy, it's okay. If your ex starts any funny business you will not tolerate it and leave immediately!' I thought to myself feeling a bit more confident. It's been any years since him and I dated, we never even did anything sexual at all, which is a relieve.

After snapping myself out of thinking I got up to start getting ready, the uniform was nice and casual which was a relieve just blue jeans and any colored top, and a olive green apron. I put my hair in a side pony tail letting my bangs loose.

Finally ready I started my car, looking over at Natsu's house his truck still in the driveway.

'hm. he may not work today' I thought while pulling out and driving away.

I walked into the cafe greeted by another server, she gave me all the run downs and how everything was done, it seemed pretty simple and i knew i could handle it.

I was excited to be making tips again, it's always nice having a bit extra cash.

As the morning started it got rather busy very quickly, I got the hang of the system nicely. there were many business women and men coming in with computers or on the phone, they all tipped very generously which was amazing.

before I knew it the day was almost over, it was already 5:00pm and my day was over, we cleaned and closed up the cafe, I said goodbye to the other server as she locked the front door.

I still needed a few things so I went over to the store grabbing some dinner items.

'maybe Natsu will come over for dinner' My mind went on to think about him, I end up blushing and smiling to myself.

"why do you look so happy?" the voice come from my left, startled I jumped slightly only to face my ex. (I'm just gonna call him the ex I'm not sure who i could choose for this role or i may end up making up a character)

I internally sighed, not wanting to talk with him.

"uh. cause I'm always happy' I gave him a small smile then looking back at the items i was browsing

"hey don't be like that, look I know it's kinda awkward between us but we are adults now and work partners so i hope there's no hard feelings." he said while giving me a smile

I thought for a moment and nodded in agreement, It's true we are both grown and It was a long time ago so the past should be put in the past.

"yeah no hard feelings" I gave him a warm smile back and he left saying goodbye.

after arriving home I started with dinner, I suddenly heard a knock on the door, I walked over opening it and was greeted by a sharp toothy smile from Natsu

"heya Luce, how was your first day?" he asked as I moved aside letting him in.

"oh it was good, i got the hang of it very quickly" i smiled at him and shut the door, walking back to the kitchen with Natsu right behind me.

"that's awesome, damn it smells so good in here. whatcha cookin?" he rubbed his hands together looking at the stove, I shoo'ed him away telling him it wasn't ready yet and he needs to wait. He pouted but sat at the kitchen table.

dinner was ready and we ate together at the table, but I still felt a bit uneasy for some reason. it was like a small dark cloud was hanging over me.

'should I tell him? what if he gets mad? what if he leaves me?' My mind raced and different possibilities, then I realized something, Natsu never asked me out..

we aren't even dating, I wonder if he will ask me to be his girlfriend, I hope so!