Turning Up the Heat

Start from the beginning

You gave out a satisfied sigh, melting into the kiss, not paying attention to his hands sneaking their way under your legs. His grip tightened and he lifted you off the bed. You gasped, throwing your arms around his neck to stay balanced.

Steven swiftly pressed you up against the wall right before the stairs began, still kissing you, his tongue sliding across your bottom lip. What is happening?! He just denied you a kiss a minute ago! You ran your fingers through his curly hair while his hands slid up and down your thighs, giving them a squeeze. You whimpered when he released the kiss, placing small pecks along your jaw, and moving down your neck.

Inch by inch Steven slowly lowered you down until you stood on the ground, your back still flush against the wall. Giving your collarbone a quick kiss, he stopped to study your face. Your cheeks were flushed, and you stared at him, panting. He ran a thumb over your bottom lip before whispering in a hoarse voice,

"Alright... Let's go."

He backed up and hopped down the stairs like nothing happened, leaving you to sink down to the floor, defeated. How could he...

"Hey!! You can't leave me like that!" You protested, feeling embarrassed.

"Why not?" Came his cheery voice from below, " I gave you your kiss." You frowned, knowing what he was doing. You made one last attempt.

"Get back here!"

"After the cake~"

Well if that's how it's gonna be... you composed yourself as best you could, making your way downstairs as well.

Steven smiled to himself as he heard your soft footsteps down the stairs. He knew you would come down eventually. He glanced up immediately confused to see your face was calm, but determined. The young man shook it off, returning to the task at hand. He was mixing the dry ingredients of the chocolate cake.

You sauntered up behind him, and hugged him from behind, taking a pause. You wanted to mess with him like he did to you, but suddenly felt embarrassed again and buried your face in his back. Steven chuckled,

"You gonna help me or what? Recipe is on the table."

You glanced over to see his phone indeed on the table, showing a ' chocolate fudge cake ' recipe. A evil little smile formed on your face as you ignored the recipe, now gaining all your confidence back. You slipped your hands under his shirt, and began to graze your nails up his stomach and chest.

A small "clunk" was heard as the whisk Steven was holding dropped, hitting the side of the mixing bowl. His back and shoulders visibly stiffened.

"Uh.. W-whatcha doing there?" He sputtered, and you grinned even more, hearing him stutter. Your hands shimmied back down his chest, and you slowly ran your fingers along the hem of his jeans. You couldn't see Steven's expression, but you heard a sharp intake of breath. You slipped one finger under the hem of his pants and he shuddered.

"W-woah! Ok," he pulled your hands from him, turning around frantically, "you need to actually help me or I'll never get this done." He pointed over to the phone. You said nothing, but turned away to read the recipe. You decided to make the fluffy chocolate filling of the cake.

After washing your hands, you placed another mixing bowl by Steven, and stood next to him. As you whisked some heavy whipping cream and cocoa powder together, you thought of ways to tease Steven.

"Remember the last time we were baking together?" You started, "I burnt my arm." Steven only nodded, trying to ignore you.

"Yeah... Those healing kisses are pretty handy. I guess they can heal anything, huh?" You asked, and he only nodded again, but cautiously, sensing the direction you were taking. He started measuring out the wet ingredients of the cake batter.