Dancing in the Dome

You're happy to say Steven has already improved! You've been with him almost constantly for the last week, making sure he's feeling loved and appreciated. You have also snuggled with him a few times again so he wouldn't have nightmares, and, well, because you like to snuggle him. He's one of the cuddliest, warmest, softest people you've ever met.

Steven had also gained the courage to tell the gems, his dad, and Connie about the whole corruption incident. They teared up when they heard and promised to be encouraging, and the boy spent some quality time with them all.

The hardest part of Steven's recovery was getting rid of the plants in the conservatory glass dome. He had named them after other friends he hasn't seen in a while and most likely won't later on in life. You just tried to explain that everyone is still young, and people just move on and change. You suggested donating the plants to Little Homeschool's greenhouse, so Steven wouldn't keep his bad controlling habit over the plants. You did keep a few though, ones without names, to help make the dome feel more welcoming. You swept the floors and added some furniture, like a small couch to make things more cozy.

After all your hard work, the two of you went downstairs to the living room, and you slumped down on the couch. Steven followed and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on that was placed on the coffee table. He laid on the couch next to you, putting his head in your lap, so he could "get a better angle of the TV". You both knew that wasn't true, but you rolled with it anyway.

You been watching TV for about a hour now, while running your fingers through Steven's hair. Steven has loved the feeling ever since you washed his hair. He practically falls asleep every time, but today he stopped you, remembering something. He placed his hand on one of yours that was resting on his chest.

" The talent show is in a little over a week, y'know. We should practice something." The young man said, squeezing your hand lightly. You whined.

"Nooo but I just sat down!"

Steven chuckled, eyes glistening up at you.
"We've been sitting here for a hour!" He got up and stretched, "it will be fun! C'mon, get up." He said playfully.

"Make me"

Steven smirked and swooped you off the couch in a flash. Right. Super strength. He carried you bridal style to the warp, and teleported you both right above in the dome. He set you down gently, and you shivered, feeling the cool floor under your feet.

"Oh. Alright then." You said in a state of shock. Steven gave you a cheesy grin and hopped of the warp. He grabbed his guitar by the entrance and some sheets of music.

"I've already picked out a song, but we can change it if you like. I just thought it was a good duet. " He said, handing the music to you.

"You have good taste in music, I'm sure it's good." You replied, following him to the little couch you placed here earlier. You watched as Steven began to pluck the guitar strings, making sure they were in tune.  You love that he's so compassionate about music; he doesn't even need a tuner to tune an instrument!

"Okay, think you can sight-read the music?" He said as you showed him the sheets so he could play the chords. You nodded, nervous, but willing to try. Steven began to play, swaying to the beat. He smiled when you began to sing. Your voice rang softly throughout the dome, as the song continued. You recognized the song so it was easier to read the music.

Soon your part of the duet ended and Steven began to sing. His voice was nice too, you thought. It was obvious he enjoyed singing; he had his eyes closed and wore a carefree smile. In the final verse of the song you sang together. You sounded quite good together! Steven looked at you happily, which you returned with a roll of the eyes as the song finished.