𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

Jiyun woke up to an ever so familiar scent. Her house. She tried to sit up.

"There, there, darling, you have to rest. You had a panic attack just now," the comfort Jiyun got from just hearing her mother's voice was enough. She stuck both hands out for an embrace, which her mother willingly accepted. But Jiyun did not know when she became so weak. She started tearing up again.

"I'm sorry mum. I let you down. I..." Jiyun could not make out the words to say. But her mother knew.

"You don't have to say it. I know what you're feeling. And I know you didn't do it." Jiyun cried harder. What did she do to deserve this love from her family.

She did not realised how much she missed this.

💔

Back in the palace, Jaehyun paced back and forth in his room. The princess was suppose to come in two days and he could not even remember her name. Moreover, he already knew he wouldn't like her, let alone love her.

He couldn't do it. He could not forget about Jiyun. Her name was etched in his heart. He would cry himself to sleep, realising that Jiyun was not there with him. He was hurting really badly and the only way to forget about her was to work. And he worked really hard, from day till night, skipping some meals and not getting enough rest.

Eventually, he too passed out.