𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

"I swear I saw them."

"No way. What were they doing?"

"They were sleeping in the same bed!"

"Oh my god what?! He never even let any of us go into his room. Why her?"

"I know right. We have to tell the king."

❤️

"Jaehyun, come to my room now!" The King shouted. Jaehyun dragged his feet into the room. The king did not say a word. Instead, he stared at him for a long time, anger evident in his eyes.

"What is it dad?" Jaehyun asked nonchalantly. He really did not have the time and energy to deal with his father.

"I always thought all those rumours about you sleeping with maids were fake. Now I know it's real," the king gritted his teeth.

Jaehyun knew clear enough what he was talking about. But he was angry. He was angry at the countless number of laws he had to follow, not being able to understand why he had to. Hopeless. That's what he felt. But he knew that he could not make it look as if he was about to break down. He had to be strong in front of his father. Because maybe, just maybe, he could follow his own rules for once.

The quarrel between them became uncontrollable. The queen needed to help calm them down. As usual.

❤️

"Hey," Jaehyun's voice made her heart clench.

Jiyun heard. Like she always did. But she left when they started quarrelling. She did not want to hear what she was about to hear.

"I made a deal with my father," Jaehyun spoke calmly although inside of him, he was hurting. "The princess won't be coming until you leave, until then, you can stay."

"What's the difference? I'm going to leave anyways," Jiyun commented.

She half expected Jaehyun to be sad about the whole situation but he seemed calmed and when she turned around to look at him, a smirk was plastered on his face.

"So we make the best out of it."