Gossip

Lisa POV

"Hey pops I'm headed out for a run I'll see you for lunch Alright? Love you-"
"Not so fast young lady get over here"
My dads deep voice made me stop in my tracks, his tone made me think he was mad at me but honestly anyone would be scared when hearing that sentence.

"Uh y-yes dad?"

I could barely see his expression because of the news paper that stretched in between his hands, it completely blocked my view of his face making me even more nervous. I looked down to my shoes to wait patiently for his response like a kitten hiding away from a threat.

"What does this mean Lalisa?"

He tossed the newspaper on the table to show an article with the title in big bold letters "Royal Romance!" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and leaned forward to read the article "Lisa Manoban and the prime minister's daughter Jennie Kim were caught getting handsy in plain sight! And it doesn't end there! Just yesterday our very own staff spotted the two having lunch where some shocking events took place, have a look!"

My eyes widened seeing the pictures of Jennie and I in the garden when her family came over for dinner and in front of the restaurant yesterday "Dad I-I can explain these are just rumors I don't really like-" he cut me off with a wave of a finger while he sipped his morning tea "Turn to the next page" he nonchalantly said while taking another sip from his #1 dad mug I gave him for Christmas ages ago.

I did what he said and nearly fell backwards, the picture was printed even bigger then the others and was of me on top of Jennie when we fell off the bench that one night. I snatched the news paper in my hands and tried to hide it from anyone to see but of course I bet it's all around the world by now. "Dad I swear to you this is all fake we fell I promise if you'd let me explain-" my dad got up from his chair while I backed up and rambled on with countless apologies, my fathers main rule is to always give a good impression to the press and public and this is definitely not a good impression

"I'm sorry appa wait please don't do this"

he stomped closer and reached out to snatch the newspaper, his expression was blank but he doesn't have to look at me a certain way for me to know that I'll be dead in the next 24 hours.

He looked down at the paper again as I shut my eyes in preparation for a smack in the head or something...it's okay Lisa it'll be short...just count to ten...1...2...3? I peeked slowly opening one eye and the sight that I meet left me even more confused and scared then I was before.

He's smiling!...Smiling? I can't tell if this is good or bad.

"Dad?" He looked up at me again and then began to laugh historically  "You should've seen your face! I really got you didn't I?" His deep laugh trembled through the office while I stood still too shocked and confused to move. "Y'know a warning would've been nice Lisa, this whole time I thought you didn't like that sweet girl but turns out you can't even keep your hands off her! I'm gonna have to teach you how to treat a lady!" He held up the newspaper again and smiled at it for like the hundredth time then pushed it towards me so I could grab it "Dad I-I'm Sorry Im confused, you're not angry?" He chuckled and walked back to his office chair "Why would I be angry sweetie? I'm happy that you two are getting to know each other but I do say that I'll only let this sort of behavior slip this time. You know how I feel about keeping the Manoban reputation clean" I quickly nodded my head and looked down at the newspaper again, I wonder if Jennie's seen this already. I bet she'd pass out.
"I understand dad no worries" "I'm glad you understand sweetie now go for your run I won't hold you here any longer, oh and try not to make anymore headlines okay?" "Got it pops" I huffed and closed the door to his office with the news paper still in my hands, I leaned against the door and tore the paper in half, now everyone's gonna think Jennie and I are a thing and that I'm also some sort of pervert that gets touchy out in the open. I know that this is good for our plan but Jennie's gonna kill me when she sees it, and how did they even get these pictures? the garden is fenced in and barely has any view from the outside. I huffed again and banged my head against the nearest wall, Ugh this whole plan is gonna ruin me.

———————————————————————————
Guys!!!! I'm so sorry :'( I never meant to take such a big break and so unexpectedly too I just get crazy writers block and I've been busy with school and all over quarantine but I hope this long chapter makes up for it and you guys won't be mad at me 🤧 I really really hope everyone is doing okay and are safe! Make sure to take precautions in such a dangerous time like this! I hope my little update helps out with the boredom that comes with quarantine. Again love you guys so much and thank you for reading!!!