CHAPTER 18

"Straight for the castle."

REGINA WAS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BORED. With Carlisle's immediate arrival, she had been lead to her room, and made to stay there.

Of course, Regina being Regina, meant that obviously she didn't like to stay in the same place doing nothing, for a long time.

So, she escaped, not far, just to the library round the corner.

It was there that Jane found her.

***

A knock on the door pulled Regina from the trance she was in, and made her look from the book that she held in her hands, to the door that was directly in front of her.

Could this be some news as to why Carlisle was here?

"Come in!"

Jane was the one who pushed open the door, which made Regina sigh. She knew that she hadn't been with the kings, so this was not news.

"Why do you look as if you don't want to see me?" Jane asked, as she raised an eyebrow.

Regina sighed again, as she put her head back on the chair, and closed her eyes.

"I hoped you'd be some sort of news as to what was going on, or to help spare me from my boredom."

Jane smirked, before pulling Regina up from the chair, and placing the book back on the shelf.

"I know what'll help."

***

What Jane showed Regina next, certainly helped take her mind off what was going on, that was for sure.

All the guard, the higher ones at least, set sprawled around in a large living room, chairs and sofas in place, all surrounding a tv that hung on the wall.

"Sister!" Alec exclaimed, as he stood, and came to hug Jane, but stopped and smirked when he saw Regina.

"I see you were not lying when you said Regina would be bored."

Jane laughed, which was one of the few ever to be heard, and pulled Regina along to the sofa that Alec used to be sat on.

"Of course. I know Regina more than you, pig-head."

Regina smiled at the childish banter. They reminded her too much of the Cullens, when they were always arguing with each other.

As Alec, and Jane continued to squabble, Regina looked around to see who exactly was here.

Felix and Demetri sat together with remotes in their hands, staring at the tv, as they played.

Heidi, who Regina found to be Demetri's mate, and Blair, who was a newcomer, and Felix's mate, sat on another sofa, chatting with each other, as they completely ignored their partners.

Lloyd and Alan also sat together, though they talked quieter than the rest, and then finally Miss-Mothering and Miss Over-energetic, aka Sulphia and Athenodora, who sat hand-in-hand on the sofa next to that.

As they saw Regina glance over to them, they, in unison, smiled and waved, before they returned to their conversation.

What an odd pair.

*****

"No you're doing it wrong!" Demetri exclaimed, as Felix yet again got his character killed. She wasn't sure how many games they'd played on Halo, but every time they seemed to lose one way or another.

"Urgh"

They we're about to play another game, but Regina stepped in.

"If I see you play Halo one more time, I'm actually going to freak."

****

Regina stared off into space, now unaware as what was going on around her, as she thought.

She knew something was being kept from her, but she didn't know what, so she distracted herself, because she trusted that her mates would let her know, eventually.

And then the door swung open. Aro stood there, and eventhough he looked like he wanted to say something, didn't utter a word, but instead took Regina by the hand.

Oh you guys are going to be so heartbroken with the next one.

Good luck, cause you're going to need it.

🤞😏