CHAPTER 17

"And there's an old man sitting on the throne, sitting on the throne that's saying that I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut."

A FEW HOURS LATER, AFTER SHE HAD RECONNECTED WITH LLOYD, REGINA FOUND HERSELF IN THE COURT ROOM. Of course, she knew why she was there, and the heartbeats of the humans proved it.

She could hear as they moved closer, and the steady rhythm their hearts made, and frowned as she felt a little guilty.

These people had families and friends, it really wasn't right. She had tried the vegetarian diet before, but she couldn't stay in control of her actions for a while afterwards, which left the original option as the only one left for her.

Jane, who stood between Caius's chair, in which Regina sat, and Alec, glanced towards her, as she saw Regina swallow uncomfortably, and stare a little into space.

Hesitant, Jane placed her hand on Regina's shoulder, which shocked Regina out of her trance, and made her look at Jane in confusion.

Jane mouthed a question, and asked whether she was alright. Regina, who was lightly confused at said question, smiled and nodded, as she dismissed it quick, before she looked to where the kings sat not too far from her.

*****

Everyone fed rather quickly, and Regina was no different.

She stood in the middle of the room, eyes closed as she savoured the taste of her food, a dead body at her feet.

Blood had dribbled down her chin and neck, and stained the modern clothes that she had grown quite accustomed to.

Admittedly, at the beginning she wasn't too fond of wearing T-shirt's and bottoms, but Heidi and Jane showed her ones that were pretty decent, and ones that they approved of.

A body behind her, made her open her eyes in shock, and focus again on what was happening around them.

But a finger that trailed from her shoulder, up her neck, distracted her, as she tried to check on the rest of them.

The side of the finger moved to her chin, and gathered up some of the excess blood, before moving it to her lips.

Obviously, it was blood, so as soon as it did, Regina delicately  licked it, and ate it up.

"Mio Amore, you've definitely grown in confidence." Marcus chuckled against her neck, of which he had now placed his head.

Sparkles spread through her body, the longer he held her, but it wasn't long till they were interrupted.

"Carlisle is here, my kings and queen."

Regina bombarded the guard with questions, left, right, and centre, but he knew no answers.

"My love." Marcus whispered into her ear, "Just keep quiet until we find out all the answers to your questions. Ok?"

This one was a bit cringey, I know, I'm sorry.
:(