Chapter 63

Encountering Him Once Again

Lu Kui gazes at the black-haired young lady in red garment sleeping on the bed, she falls into a moment of daze.

She has originally thought that she would never see her again, yet did not expect for her to come back in the end, like a lingering ghost.

Presumably due to the drug’s effect, the young lady is in deep sleep, her breathing calm and her face serene, not at all aware that she has already been brought from the horse carriage to Misty Wave Manor.

Lu Kui just doesn’t understand, why Supreme Chief must spend countless effort to capture this woman of the unorthodox sect, who is said to have already lost all her inner energy.

Even if she is a chess piece, she should have already lost her effectiveness, so shouldn’t she be immediately abandoned as usual?

Rustling footsteps sounds from the door, she lifts her head to take a look, and just sees a tall figure opening up the curtain and entering the room.

“Supreme Chief.” She immediately stands up and greets him.

The one who just arrived nods, then makes a “stay quiet” gesture.

How can Lu Kui not understand her master’s thoughts, she quickly bows and withdraws, before she steps out, she turns back and casts an unwilling glance.

Her master is leaning besides the tea table, meaningfully gazing at the young lady in deep sleep.

When Pang Wan opens up her eyes, the sight that greets her is thus his gaze that is carefully studying her.

Aromatic smoke rises from the incense burner, the silk curtains flows all the way to the ground, that person supports his cheek with his hand as his arm rests on the intricately-carved tea table, his eyes misty, as though he is admiring a piece of precious yet fragile jade ware through incense smoke and haze. There was a moment, that she almost thought she is dreaming, a nightmare.

But she quickly wakes up.

“You kidnapped me?” She moves her hair by her cheeks to the back of her head, her face somewhat pale, looking almost calm, “Why did you kidnap me?”

Gu Xi Ju’s lips gently lifts up, forming a tender and charming curve: “What do you think?”

He shall grasp the initiative in all the games, so he does not like to answer other people’s questions, because then he would lose the decisive opportunity.

“You don’t want me to know Nan Yi’s whereabouts?” Pang Wan clenches her teeth, “You don’t want me to meet him, you are afraid that if I convince him to return to Bai Yue Sect, all your efforts will be wasted?”

“Smart.” Gu Xi Ju smiles, he reaches out his hand to caress her hair, but Pang Wan silently avoids his touch.

“No matter how you try, you are unable to avoid me for your entire life.” He is not angry, full of pity, he lowers his head to look at her, his eyes even more lingering and sentimental, “Don’t forget there’s a mark I have personally carved on your body.”

Pang Wan unconsciously touches her left chest —— that scar is indeed still there, but her heart pains no more.

“I have said, as long as I live, I will not let anything go according to your will.” She lifts up her head and looks at him, sneering out loud, her almond eyes full of perseverance and stubbornness, “Since you think I am a threat, then isn’t it better to just kill me.”