Sect Leader Xu Rong of Heng Shan looks on in surprise at the man in purple besides him.

The man in purple withdraws his line of sight from afar, smiling: “How could that be? The dishes here are the best within the entire city, I even miss it when I’ve not eaten here for a few days.”

“Ho-ho, Supreme Chief should eat a little more, wait until half a month later when we go offer sacrifices to the heaven on Mount Kunlun, these dishes cannot be eaten then.” Xu Rong picks up a piece of grilled deer meat for the man in purple, “Now that the evil sect has been defeated, Kunlun and Shaolin has also officially sent invitations, Supreme Chief has finally unified the Wu Lin, a gratifying achievement to be congratulated!”

The man in purple smiles but does not speak. 

With a sound of “qiang-qiang”, someone is knocking a gong in the sky well. (Sky well or tiān jǐng / refers to the small open roof area in the middle of ancient Chinese buildings, like a mini courtyard, as seen in the two pictures)

“It’s starting, it’s starting.” Xu Rong’s face reveals a look of excitement, turning to explain to the other people on the table, “This Wang Xiang Restaurant’s storytelling is the best to listen to.”

Everyone hears this and all sticks their head out one after another.

All that can be seen is the storyteller play a few notes of the three-stringed lute in the sky well, rising and falling in cadence as he sings out: “Today we shall talk about the sieging of the evil sect ——”

From the glib mouth of the storyteller, the story about the sieging of the evil sect can be said to be heart-stirring with many twists and turns, the Supreme Chief of Wu Lin, Gu Xi Ju, is portrayed as a spiritual leader with profound martial arts and talents, not only unrivalled in martial arts, but even more so holds great foresight, time and time again, he sees through Sect Leader Zuo Huai An’s dirty schemes, tempering with justice and mercy, in the end, he succeeds in breaking down the evil sect’s inner forces.

“All thanks to Supreme Chief, Bai Yue Sect has since gotten no chance to recover again.” That storyteller uses such a sentence to close his statement.

Pang Wan listens to this from the second floor’s private room, her nostrils flaring with anger, she has never thought someone is able to confuse matters of black and white, good and evil, in such a bold and direct manner, and is even able to win thunderous applause and cheers!

Unable to supress the anger, she grabs a handful of peanuts and smashingly throws it down on the storyteller, face filled with anger as she scolds: “This fellow is running around telling lies everywhere, watch out to not die without any descendants!”

The storyteller has just spoken to an enthusiastic state, when he unexpectedly has peanuts crashing down right on his face, he raises his head to yell out: “Where did this little hoof[1] came from? So impertinent!”