"Um, tiring." I smiled, "I was so stressed out with yesterday's dinner and then with work, I guess I had really worn myself out." Perhaps sex with Ryan and Lee had also taken it's toll.

She placed her hand on my shoulder, "Awe, you shouldn't have worried yourself! Jack and I are easily pleased. I think we were both more than hungry that we would've eaten anything."

I laughed, "Well then! Even if my food tasted bad, you wouldn't have noticed it. What a relief." We were actually getting along pretty well. I was constantly worried of her liking me that I had forgotten Ryan and Lee had come by to be with Jack. Girls with girls and guys with guys.

Not only that, but I could tell that Lee had been ignoring me the entire time. I'm not sure if I should call it awkward, but well... it was awkward. "So Lee, how have you been getting along with Scarlet. Any secrets I should know about."

I could hear Jack's conversation from a mile away. I instantly glanced and Ryan and then back at Lee who I blushed in front of and looked down with guilt and shame, "Jack, you know me. I easily get swoon with the ladies. Especially the pretty ones."

Well, at least he was being considerate of my feelings for his family and Ryan. I occasionally glanced at Ryan who looked like he had no worries in the world. He was truly enjoying himself. "I'm surprised the mall isn't as packed as last holidays. You couldn't even get around people."

"I mentioned to Ryan why he stays here, he can get stationed anywhere now." I suspected that Sophia wasn't happy her son was in the military, but what mom would? You have a son that has gone to Afghanistan or Iraq and back, survived, and then called to go over again? It must be scary. I don't know how I would feel if Ryan had to leave again.

"Mother, please be kind." Ryan came over to hold my hand and hugged me from behind, slightly carrying me, "Honestly, I'll go wherever Scarlet wants to go."

I smiled, "Scarlet, please convince him to come back home then." Sophia winked at me as if giving me the heads up for having him in my pocket.

"Decisions. Decisions." I laughed.

We stopped at a restaurant inside the mall that was sort-of on the fancy side, but still casual, "So we're going to end up leaving tonight. Your father actually has a doctor appointment he needs to get to that we completely forgot about."

"Yeah, that happens when you start getting older." Jack drank some of his beer and continued speaking to Lee and Ryan at their side of the table.

"What appointment is it for?" Ryan looked a little concerned. "Anything serious?"

"No, don't worry son. Just a regular check-up. Can't be too careful."

"I'm sure you'll do fine, Jack!" Lee patted him on his back and continued eating his food, "I'm definitely going to miss you all. Such a pleasure to have seen you again."

"Lee, you know you're my favorite son." Ryan glared at his mother as she made the comment, "Okay, Okay. I love both of my sons."

"I hope you will come back to visit, Jack and Sophia. It was really nice meeting you." I smiled in most sincere smile ever.

"OH MY GOD! Jack! Sophia! I didn't know you were going to be in town!" Everyone turned around and saw Ira leaning against my chair trying to say 'Hi' to everyone. "Ryan, baby. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh... Ira. I somehow forgot that you lived in this state too. Must've slipped my mind." Jack said out loud as she tried hugging him, but settled by shaking his hand.

"Jack, such a joker. How long are you all staying? I must treat you for dinner!" Ira was so delusional that she forgot to mention that she had company.