Chapter Eighteen

"You know, my parents are still here in town. I think my mother wanted to go shopping with you." I looked at Ryan who was still awake lying down next to me on the bed.

I shuffled in the sea of blankets, "How did you know I was still awake?"

His smile was almost too noticeable, even in the dark, "Your thoughts were speaking too loud. Even for a quiet night like this." I knew what he said was cheesy, but I guess little things like that made me feel more connected to him.  He knew me too well. Unfortunately, I had been thinking too loud.  The whole Lee thing didn't help, not one bit.

"I haven't been able to sleep." I could feel his arm getting closer to mine, "Tell me." I thought for a minute.

"Tell you what, Kitten?"

"Tell me a secret that nobody knows. I won't judge and I won't even respond back. I just want to know something about you that nobody has had the liberty to hear." I laughed as I finished covering myself up with the blankets.

"Hmm, I don't know. It seems as though you know everything about me already." His sarcasm was seeping through quite noticeably. 

I giggled, "Whatever.  I get that we're completely honest with each other, but I know there's something nobody knows."

"Let's see. What can I say that will entertain this wide-awake Kitten of mine." He paused for a moment, "I have honestly never met anyone like you. I'm going to make you my wife one day, Kitten."

I turned on my night-lamp on the nightstand and stood up to face him, "Ry... Do you mean that?" I had heard it many times and I'm sure to people who knew me wasn't a secret that I was head over heels for this guy, but something about admitting things at three in the morning just felt right.

"Of course I do. Scarlet Ames, you're going to be my wife one day. I mean that with all my heart." I jumped on top of him to face his face, legs over his body as I straddled him. I bathed him with kisses up to his neck finishing to his lips; I honestly don't know what I do to get a man this amazing, but I definitely will love him until the day I die.

"Hey..." I stood up as I stopped kissing him, "Do you think that your parents liked me? I mean, I know it must've been a shock that their son is living with someone he's barely known for just a couple of months, but I don't think tonight went that bad."

"Don't worry about it. They loved you." He tucked me back in bed, "Now get some rest. You're gonna wear me out."

"You. Worn out. I wish." I giggled. "Ryan, seriously though... your parents do like me right?"

"Yes, Scarlet, they do. My mom did mention one thing though as I was dropping them back off to their hotel."

"Oh?" The slightest curiosity really did kill the cat.

He shuffled in his blankets, "She mentioned that she could tell I'm really happy. Either that, or my relationship with Ira was way more destructive than she thought."

"I would hope the first reason..." I kissed his cheeks once and went back to my side of the bed.

He came and placed a kiss on my cheeks now and went back to his side, "Of course."

After that early morning talk with Ryan, my life spun around to bring me stress all at once. I had woken up late, showered, dressed, and was ready to go shopping with Sophia.

"Darling, how was your night?" I was definitely not going to let her know that Ryan and I had stayed up talking about the future. That could easily scare her off.