Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Memories

John

"Mommy, please, help me!!!" John's hopeless cries rang out into the woods. It was accompanied only by the wind, as it fell upon dull ears. The woods had long since been silent. In fact it was now as dead as the creatures that inhabited it. Their dark eyes and pale skins brought shivers up his spine. John should have known better than to try and plead for the intercession of his mother, she was now a hollow shell of a woman.

"Don't let them take me, mommy" He Relentlessly cried. The countenances of the undead guards remain stoic as they drag him to the carriage, he resisted to no avail. John would have better luck pushing against a boulder, but he tried nonetheless.

"It's okay baby, this is what's best for you." She cooed as she waved goodbye, with a smile that seemed like it was painted on her face, never to be removed. A smile that didn't waver at the scene that was unraveling before her. "No Mommy please!" His cries got louder, as if the boy was convinced that the only reason his mother didn't express the anger, fear, and frustration any mother would at the thought of losing her son, was simply because she could not hear him. So he cried on in hopes that something in her head would click. That she would realize she was sending her only child who was only eight years of age, to train with the undead.

"Listen to your mother boy; this is what's best for you!" Chief Williams spat out. John gazed moved from his mother, to the man standing in front of him. He could see in Chief Williams's stone-like features, that he possesses no intentions of showing remorse. But why should he, when John's own mother didn't seem to care. John resigned, and allowed the guards to drag him the last few feet to the carriage. The carriage looked as if someone attached wheels to a cage, then subsequently strap enormous horses to the front of it. The huge black beast looked unfazed by the demons they carried around. John's defeat was met with a satisfying smirk on chief Williams's face, he had finally broken the boy. He squeezed Jane John's mother into his arms, his smirk evolving into a sinister smile. Jane in turn held tightly to her new lover.

John's mother was a beautiful woman with strong features. Her brown curly hair was pinned back into a bun, which brought attention to her youthful features. Her Oval face perfectly housed her eyes and nose. Jane's pink cheeks took no attention away from her red lips. It was no surprise that Chief Williams took her in as his plaything.

Chief Williams had bought her a new evening gown for this occasion. It was a pastel pink with lace around the cuff, and a low neckline. Much lower than a mother and respectable queen should have . Williams stood beside her, his jabot matching the color of her dress, giving the guard a sturdy look that clearly said take him away.

Nightmare ended

John woke up in a cold sweat, shaking his head as if it would relieve his mind of the pain of these memories. It was unbelievable that the memories of his deranged mother, and her cynical new husband were still so vivid after all these centuries. It would be accurate to say that both of his parents died when he was five years old, because the woman that was left behind was the exact opposite of the one he knew. Jane Elenor Davis was a loving, loyal woman, with great integrity. John knew that the woman who stood before him in the woods that day was nothing more than a loose harlot. Instead of becoming a strong Luna, taking care of John and the pack. Jane started drinking and sleeping with different men night after night, effectively wiping away all memories she had of his father, the alpha. Everyone suffers when they lose their loved one's especially a mate, but he refuse to believe what his mother did was justified, her neglect nearly resulted in the genocide of their entire species.

After the death of the king, the royal pack suffered immensely. Many of the pack members became rogue, or joined other smaller packs, but this only made them more susceptible to the growing undead army. All the work Ethan Davis, the previous alpha, and James Davis, his father before him, put into making the royal pack the strongest in the world, was gone. Nearly three years after his death, Jane began courting Chief Williams, a short time later they got married.