New York State Of Mind

Chapter 18

A month later, it's summer vacation at McKinley and Rachel has been knee deep with Les Miz.

"Rachel, pay attention." Ramin snapped his fingers in front of her face, and she laughed.

"Sorry, what?" She asked as they sat in their normal before show circle on the stage.

"Why are you even here? You're not on tonight?" Andrew asked, and Rachel could have sworn she saw Cassie and Sam giggle to each other at something.

"I know, I just came by for the jam session." They all shrugged, and started singing a song that was very familiar to Rachel. Don't Stop Believin'.

She took the female lead, as usual, and got into the song to the point where everyone was jumping around the stage. They were all trying to dance, trying.

But when the male part came in, a voice echoed from the back of the theater, a voice she loved and grew so fond of.

"Finn!" She shrieked, jumping off the stage and into his arms. "I missed you!" She cried into his shoulder.

"I missed you too Rach." Finn whispered.

"We all missed you." Mercedes spoke up and Rachel spoke up to see that everyone from the glee club, except Quinn, was behind them.

Rachel pulled everyone into a group hug and they all cried together. "Glee club just wasn't the same without you. I'm almost glad the year was over." Finn sighed, placing a hand on her back.

"Hey Rachel, why don't you get off your lazy ass and introduce is to your friends!" Chris shouted from the stage.

"Why don't you shut up before I come up there and beat the crap out of you, again?!" Rachel shouted back.

"Damn, someone is sassy." Puck growled, and Finn gave him an evil eye.

"A month in the big apple changes a person." Rachel shrugged, linking hands with Finn and pulling everyone up to the stage. "So this is everyone, glee club, this is my cast. I'm too lazy for names."

"Not even my name?" Finn asked, giving her puppy eyes.

"Not even your name." Rachel said back, using a baby voice and kissing him quickly.

"Gag me with a spoon." Chris whispered to Sam.

"That's it!" Rachel yelled, and she ran over, pinning him down on the floor. "Say your sorry! Apologize!"

"Never!" He screamed back.

"This is normal, it happens like every day." Will said to the glee club.

"Apologize!" Rachel kept shouting, and he kept refusing, until she twisted his arm backwards.

"Ow! I'm sorry! I'll never say it again! I love you!" He shrieked in pain.

"Good." She spat, getting off of him. "Where were we?"

"We're kicking you out because we all have to get ready." Ramin said, walking away with Andrew.

"Okay, bye, break a leg!" She called, and walked outside with her glee club. "Let's go to my apartment. It's only two blocks away. We have to walk, but it's not that bad. I've done it every day for the past month."

"Ya know," Santana started, "their is this invention called a car."

"Do you think I've had time to get a car?" Rachel spat back, laughing slightly.

After walking in silence, they arrived at Rachel's apartment. She pushed opened the door and everyone answered, gasping.

"This is where you live?" Sam asked, astonished.

"Ya, the people at Les Miz bought it for me." Rachel explained, throwing her bag in her room. "What do you want to do?"

"It's New York, Rachel." Kurt said dumbly.

"We could do whatever we want!" Puck screamed, "let's go get drunk."

"Uh no. I've already done that and it's not fun. And it's illegal." Rachel said, and Finn shot her a look of confusion. "I'll tell you later. I have no clue where anything is. Let's just get pizza and watch a movie."

They all say down in the living room while Rachel ordered pizza. They put on White Chicks and watched in silence until the pizza came.

"So what happened while I was gone?" Rachel asked her friends.

"We all made it to twelfth grade." Puck answered.

"Good job." Rachel said sarcastically. The room went silent, and awkward. "Alright, something clearly happened because this is awkward and no one is talking."

"Nothing happened." Everyone, but Finn, said at the same time.

"I'll tell you later, when we go on a date." Rachel giggled, nodding. "So what now?"

"They all leave and you get ready." Finn said quickly, "everyone, get out." They all rolled their eyes, laughing.

"Use protection!" Kurt screamed behind his back.

Rachel shivered and laughed. "That was rude."

"I know, but I do want to spend some time with my wife." Finn smirked, pulling Rachel towards him.

"Hmm, I could get used to hearing that." Rachel hummed, pressing their lips together. Just as things were going somewhere, Rachel's phone rang.

Rachel still sitting on Finns lap, and his hand in her shirt, she answered the phone for Chris. "What the hell?"

"Do you have my costume?"

"Why the fuck would I have your costume?" Rachel spat.

"Because we always hang out together. Do you?"

"No, I don't." Rachel said, and Finn laughed, hearing their conversation.

"Will you come help me look?" Chris whined into the phone.

"No! I have a life, and a husband, and friends that are here. I'm hanging up." Rachel hung up, throwing her phone across the room and leaning into Finns lips.

She wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her into the bedroom, shutting the door behind them.