Nationals

Chapter 15

"So, Nationals are tomorrow. We're going to Vegas! Make sure everyone is at the private jet in an hour." Mr. Schue smiled, and everyone left.

Rachel, two weeks after the funeral, was feeling much better and back to her old self.

Lost in thought, Rachel stared out Finns window. He glanced over at her, grabbing her hand. "What are you thinking?"

"About how much I love you."

"And how much do you love me?" Finn smirked.

"So much that it hurts me inside." Rachel giggled.

"Take what you just said and times it by ten, and that's how much I love you." Finn smiled, and Rachel twisted her promise ring.

After getting to the airport and getting on the private jet, Rachel curled up beside Finn, closing her eyes. Her hand twisted her promise ring.

Once they landed, everyone got off and made their way to the hotels. The glee club scored a huge suite, so everyone was in the same room.

Finn and Rachel quickly picked their bed and curled up, falling asleep quickly.

Puck watched them, chuckling to Quinn who looked pissed. "Come on babe, let's lay down." They chose a bed and fell asleep.

Everyone else laid down with their boyfriend or girlfriend; Finn and Rachel, Puck and Quinn, Sam and Mercedes, Mike and Tina, Brittany and Santana, with Artie and Kurt left over. They both slept by themselves.

Mr. Schue walked into a room of sleeping teenagers and chuckled, going into the kitchen. He grabbed a pot and a wooden spoon, and banged them together.

Everyone jumped awake, but Finn just groaned loudly and buried his head in the pillow. Rachel flicked his head, and he sat up straighter.

"Everyone, be ready for the first part of the competition by three. It's eleven now, so start getting ready." Everyone groaned, but started getting ready.

All the girls changed into their dresses and guys got into their clothes. Rachel felt incredibly uncomfortable in her dress, but went with it because everyone else loved it.

It was a tight, short, black dress. The top hem was bedazzled, no doubt that Kurt was behind the design. The dress cut off somewhere near mid thigh, and showed a little bit of cleavage at the top.

And the girls came out and the boys drooled, and Rachel giggled, tying Finns tie for him. "You look beautiful."

"Ya, thanks." She shrugged.

"You don't like the dress." Finn concluded.

"I just feel exposed, but I'll get over it." She paused, "I'm gonna go take a walk."

Without saying anything to anyone, Rachel left the room and walked into the hotel lobby. "Excuse me, are you Rachel Berry?" An old woman approached her.

"Yes I am."

"Oh hello, my name is Linda. I'm a Broadway scout." Rachel's heart stopped. "I have seen you perform many times before and their is a perfect spot for you as Eponine in Broadway."

"Oh my god, that's amazing!" Rachel shouted, laughing to herself at the looks people gave her.

"I'm going to observe your performance tonight, and if you make it, tomorrow. Then I'll see you after and discuss some things with you. Good luck." Linda smiled, walking away.

Once Rachel knew she was gone, she did some sort of weird happy dance. Her heart beating fast, she ran up the stairs to the fifth floor, not having time for an elevator.

She ran in the room, screaming. "What?!" Everyone shouted.

"I'm so excited!" She yelled, jumping into Finns arm.

"Interesting walk I guess." He chuckled.

"You have no idea. I'll tell you later, let's go the competition." They all got to the theater, and sat through many performances before their own.

As they waited in the wings, Rachel paced the floor. Finn went over and put his arms around her to stop her pacing. "What's wrong? You're never nervous before performances."

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Of course."

"Okay, on my walk, I ran into a Broadway scout. She's here for me, and she said if I perform well today and tomorrow, that I could be Eponine in Les Miz on Broadway." She grinned up at him.

"Oh my god, Rachel thats amazing!" He cheered, spinning around.

"Hey guys, stop the sex and get on stage Rachel!" Puck teased, nudging them.

"Shut up." She spat, running behind the curtain.

She took a deep breath before the curtain split and the spotlight hit her.

The New Directions' set list consisted of three songs. Jar of Hearts sung by Rachel, Somebody to Love by Rachel and Finn, then Light Up The World with everyone.

The audience went crazy when they tossed confetti into the crowd. They ran off stage, giggling and yelling in happiness.

After everyone's performances ended, the list of ten clubs went up for the last part of the competition.

"God, I hope we made it." Rachel groaned as she held tightly onto Finns hand.

"I can't look!" Everyone yelled.

"I'll do it." Mr. Schue concluded. Everyone held their breath as he looked over the list. "Guys," everyone eyes shot open, "we made it! And we got second place!" Everyone cheered, and Rachel jumped into Finns arms.

"One step closer to Broadway," Finn whispered in Rachel's ear.