22- Recovering, again..

"Urghh, I feel terrible.." 

I held my hand against my forehead, feeling it burning, I drew my hand away gingerly.

Sitting up, my head felt like it was shaking and the world was wobbling in my vision.

I forced myself to open my tired eyes to observe where I was.

Finding myself on the bed in the hospital of the dragon village, I patted the bed.

I groaned in discomfort as I heard the door creak open.

"Miss Amaya, I see you're awake now." Said the nurse.

"Amaya!"

I tried to nod, and I felt like I was shaking or falling, but it was probably just my imagination.

She smiled and walked over to my side and made me lie down then put the cold towel on my forehead.

My eyes widened in shock and I turned to the raccoon girl on the other bed.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

Raphtalia shook her head.

"Oh, it's nothing much really. Don't worry."

I looked down at my hands, remembering how hot the weapons in my hands were.

"Was it because of me? I lost control out there. I don't know what happened. I'm sorry, it must've scared you regardless."

Raphtalia simply smiled at me again.

The nurse quickly added, "well, dragons sure are scary creatures, aren't they? Even their corpses can do such things."

I couldn't do anything else but agree.

I didn't want to explain the situation to her.

The door opened, and all 3 of us turned our heads toward the 2 people that just came in.

I looked down again, ashamed of all the trouble I had put them all through.

The nurse left the room, seeing that we needed our own space.

"Are you guys okay?" asked Naofumi as he walked closer to our beds with Filo at his side.

Raphtalia nodded and I slowly nodded as well, still thinking about how to apologize.

"Umm, I'm sorry for what happened out there. I must've caused a lot of trouble and problems."

He shook his head and Filo spoke up.

"Amaya Oneechan, you were the reason I got out! See, I saw the light of your bullets coming through and once they stopped, the dragon was thin enough to bust out of. I was in its tummy!"

I smiled, "thanks for telling me that, Filo. I'm really happy that you're ok." I ruffled her hair and pinched her cheeks then continued, "But Naofumi, did the curse that Raphtalia has right now come from me?" 

"Yeah. She went out to try and stop you in case you were harmed before I could hold her back."

Raphtalia giggled nervously in the background.

"Sorry, I was just so scared that something bad would happen to you so I decided to try and help. You seemed really out of it so.."

I reached over to give the raccoon girl a hug.

"Thank you so much Raphtalia. You decided against your own safety to get me out of whatever I was in. I must've been so much trouble to you all, I'm sorry. I lost control of myself back there."