xiv

I'd finally bought into Emily's constant pestering and let her take us dress shopping for the winter gala after school.It was a Friday night and going to the mall would probably be one of the most stereotypical teenage things to do.But then again it was better then being at 'crazy,wild party'.

"This one would look great on you."Emily says pushing minty green dress my way.

"This and the other seven you've practically thrown at me."I retort taking in just how many dresses I already had resting on my forearm.

"Meanwhile,I still haven't found a single dress that makes me look good."She sighs her shoulders sulking not before they perk up again when she moves to another rack full of colorful dresses.

Her fingers work on sliding down the fabric of a light  lilac colored dress.The silk slid down her fingers smoothly and the lustful look coated on her face told me she'd found it.But if you were in my shoes and had to watch her go through six stores for the past three hours trying to find the one dress.You'd know that she's made that face for practically every other dress she's seen today.

"Is this pretty?"She asks me taking the hanger off the rack and holding the dress in front of her.

I nod my head praying to the stars this was the dress that she'd buy.

"I'm gonna go try it on."She says before running to the dressing rooms.I follow after her before plopping down on one of the seats they had in front of the dressing room.I take this time to go through my phone.

Freddie had made the mistake of leaving his bedroom door open when he went to take a shower after he came home from practice and I'd taken the opportunity to sneak in and snatch my phone back from him.And since then I haven't been away from my phone.

I start scrolling through a few messages seeing two from Alex and the rest from a few classmates asking for what the homework was.

"Well?"Emily steps out of the dressing room.She'd worn the floor length dress over her jeans and even then it made her look flawless.

"It looks great on you."just like every other dress you've tried on.I hold my tongue back smiling at her.

"Are you sure?"She asks.

  "Do you like it?"I ask her.

  "Yeah,I like it."She shrugs spinning around in a circle.

  "Good cause I'm tired,"I groan standing from my seat.She walks back into the he dressing room and changes back into her regular clothing.

"Let's go,it's getting late."

"We aren't done yet!"She tells me.

  "What do you mean?"My eyebrows crinkle up in confusion.

  "We still haven't found a dress for you."She explains and my eyes go wide.

  "How about.."I pause for a second my eyes scampering the dresses we were surrounded by before landing on a certain one in the distance."that one."I say briefly before dropping the dresses I was previously holding onto the vacant chair and making my way over to what caught my gaze.

  "It's black."Emily immediately responds.

  "It matches my soul."I say without thinking to dazed by how the gold rhinestones embroidered on the waist ban of the dress.It's sleeves were long and detailed with the golden gems again.The dress flowed between my fingertips and the softness and the silky material captivated my emotions.