i

The purple foam was all over me.Covering my hair and my school uniform.My mouth agape as I take a staggering step backwards.I remove my gaze from the failed chemistry assignment and stare at the cause of this mess.

Alex Vineyard.He seemed completely chill and unbothered by the fact that he just blew up our whole lab assignment.And as I stare at his stupid face that had that stupid grin plastered on it I realized it one thing.

He was spotless.

While my clothes,hair and just about everything else was covered in a purple mess, he was fricken spotless.His clothing was untouched by the mess he made.

"Oops"he said shrugging after looking at me.But all the while that devilish smirk played on his face proving he could care less of what he did.

"You idiot!"I shriek.Completely outraged.You'd think this dumbass would be able to follow so simple instructions.But no.

"No need for the name calling Katie"He says shrugging his shoulders.By now everyone had stopped what they were doing and were staring in our direction.

"What's going on here?!"Mr.Fisher goes off.He storms down the aisle and charges right at us.He stares at the mess on the table.Taking in the purple goo falling over the edge of the table and the shattered chemistry glass."Detention."He barks."Both of you,come up to my desk to get your pink slips."He says."And clean this mess up."He orders as he turns around to walk back to the chalkboard.

Detention?

I've never gotten a detention.Ever.And there was no way i'd be able to go to my job on time if I go to detention.

I look up at Alex only to see him ripping sheets of bounty and placing them on the table.He seemed unconcerned by the fact that he'd gotten us both detention.

"Maybe you should grab a napkin and start wiping it'll be more productive then just standing there and staring at me."He says all while not giving me a single glance.

"I'm going to the washroom."My voice fumes as anger pulses through my veins.I grab my bag leaving my notebook and pencil on the purple mess splattered desk as I storm out.

The halls were empty aside from the few kids who had hall and bathroom passes.

I made a b-line to my brothers locker before going straight to the ladies.

Why my brothers locker? You may ask.Well I seeing how my brother - also known as Freddy- was on the schools foot ball and basket ball team,it meant he always kept extra clothing in his lockers due to sweat and dirt reasoning and such.

After grabbing his spare school polo and his jersey that he left behind.I move over to my locker which was right next to his.After grabbing a pair of sweat pants I had put in here from that one time that one thing happened.I make sure both lockers are locked before making my way to the bathroom.

🐢

After changing in one of the bathroom stalls and trying to remove all the purple stuff Fromm hair I looked like a pretty decent hobo.

I let out a grumble before looking down at my shoes.The dirty white converses were the only part of me untouched by the purple mess.

I breath out a sigh.Before pulling at my hair.Deciding it would be best to put it in a bun and pray for the best.

"What ran over you?"I here as I finish pulling up the last strand of hair."You look like you got run over by  a bus."The voice of Samantha Prescott rings in my eardrums along with the eruption of giggles caused by her minions.

"Thanks I try."I grumble followed by a tight smile.Before grabbing bag off the counter and swinging it over my shoulders.

"Honestly it makes zero sense why Dylan's  her boyfriend."One of the other cheerleaders says as I make my way to the door.